the GB has just cancelled the next two years

by neat blue dog 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    evidently Jellohoba does not have enough power to prevent people to get contaminated at the assemblies.

rv 2000: yeah,

millions of tons of water can be held back in the Exodus, but not nano sized semi-life. he can calm the lions in front of daniel, but not a virus.

can shield from the 4000 degrees flames around the 3 hebrew kids, but not from a virus at room temperature.

Jesus, the ruling king of 1914, could heal lepers, the lame, the blind, resurrect even, but can not keep the virus at bay.

wt has to go to satan's system to project it's propaganda

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    the Governing Body just announced that they're canceling the assemblies in 2022 as well, aiming to restart in 2023.

The actual announcement is that special conventions are on hold until 2023. No announcement has been made about "normal" regional conventions or circuit assemblies.

"Special conventions" are those mega-sized international do-ups that feature talent shows by JWs, special field service arrangements for delegates, overpriced airfare & hotel arrangements for delegates, etc.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah couldn`t protect the Israelites from Leprosy either as a colony existed among the Jews. Miriam Exodus ,Naaman 2Kings 5:1 ,even up to Jesus day ,Luke 5:12 ,so Jehovah`s Witnesses don`t expect him to protect you from anything in Paradise ,the New System of things.

• alanv
    alanv

Several months ago they announced 7500 JW deaths from covid. I imagine that figure could well be 10,000 now. So they are doing everything they can to keep that figure as low as possible, as it already shows so well that JWs have no protection as an organisation from their god.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would be interested just out of curiosity why that person who gave me a dislike did so ,not that I would judge them as they have a right to their own opinions . Was it because I projected my reasoning into the future paradise ?

Or was there another reason ,?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Idk, Smiddy, but I just gave you a like! 😀

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

My guess is they are hooked on the money they are saving. My guess is in the last few years assemblies are costing more than they take in.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    My guess is they are hooked on the money they are saving. My guess is in the last few years
    assemblies are costing more than they take in.

As noted above, only special conventions are cancelled through 2022, No announcement has been made on "normal" regional conventions.

Conventions are by far the biggest cash cow the WTS has. They make many many MANY millions off the contributions of grateful JWs. There is virtually no expense other than the small "off season" rental of the facility (typically a basketball arena that sits empty for most of the summer) so the profit margin probably exceeds 90%.

And the international "special" conventions are an even BIGGER gobs-of-money-maker. In addition to the contributions from attending JWs, they almost certainly get kickbacks from JW-friendly or even JW-owned travel agencies charging exorbitant rates for JW travelers' airfare, hotels, and transportation.

They will open up regional conventions as soon as possible. They must have absolutely hated to lose the special conventions for 3 years in a row (2020 - 2022).

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It's gonna be sold.

I respectfully disagree. Where I live they never let an opportunity pass by to "remind" people that the KH still has expenses and as such "make sure to show your appreciation to Gee-HO'-Vuh by remembering to make your online donations." The money taken in usually far exceeds the normal empty building monthly expenses, so there is if anything a surplus going into their coffers.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Our sister congregation just sent 10k to the org. From donations in the past year on top of their monthly tribute. So they are probably bringing in more cash with the kh's closed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit