"Friends" are gone

by BeautifulMind 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

Beautifulmind you make so much sense and your heart reflects the inevitable hurt of realizing firsthand those you had genuinely viewed as "friends" aren't.

They are now no where to be seen - and should you ever see them, they will shun you.

That says it all about the quality of those friendships.

And, sure, even though you would have known that is the most likely outcome (because you have seen and heard it happen to others), when you go through it yourself, you feel unbelievable waves of strong mixed emotions.

It's called "Being human" and having a heart that cares about friendships and relationships but being so over conditional, fake friendships..

So, even though this is a very sad experience, it also presents a fantastic opportunity to aproach your new "social" life with a determination to develop genuine friendships with people who love and accept you for who you are.

Oh, I also felt quite emotional when you talked about still having your husband and babies - what a very promising basis upon which to build and nuture your new life! Best! Steve.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Thankfully, I have my hubby, my babies and my entire side of the family for love & support. More importantly I have my freedom to live my life. Anyway, I'm feeling a bit more comfortable on here, so thanks for taking the time to read my experience. Enjoy your Saturday!😉

You really have quite a lot, it's good that you can focus on that. I miss my old friends too, but I know that page has turned, and that even if I hadn't left the religion. those friendships would have changed and possibly ended anyway, life is full of twists and turns and people do change, friendships wax and wane. Loss is a part of life after all, the ability to focus on what you have, to accept the losses and move on, is a skill we all need to cultivate no matter what our circumstances. Good for you for choosing to focus on the silver lining, not the cloud.
  • truthlover
    truthlover

Same as Seventh Day Adv, Mennonites, Scientologists, and the RC church if they truly involed their disciplinary measures.. so there are a lot out there in the same situation...

Look outward for friends, join an art class, gym, volunteer, become a photographer, take courses -- you may be surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit