"Friends" are gone

by BeautifulMind 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know how hurtful it can be,when former friends turn their back on us. But,I find,that it's difficult for me to be around them too. The Witness thought process and the JW lingo is hard to take when you wake-up.

But,take your time,and I know personally,it's easier said then done,but,now you can concentrate on building new friendships. It helped me when I reconnected with those who left before me. We had that common ground,not many other people understand. And then,you can go from there.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have (well had) an extremely small circle of JW friends. Lots of acquaintances and associates but 2 or 3 I would consider my true friends. That list is now 0. Yup, once I told them I no longer believe in the org and haven't for a long time,

I'm surprised you expected anything different.

We haven't said anything negative about the Borg to any of our (former) JW friends, yet they have also all disappeared. No visits, no calls, no encouragement.

Doc

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

Stillin that was what I was trying to tell them. I never went into detail with them, just that I changed my view of things. I have a right to change my mind just like they have the right to remain a jw. But that's how it goes, it is what it is.

Doc I didnt expect any different. Just sharing my experience as this is my first time dealing with it. And I'm sorry you had to experience the same.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    This issue has actually helped us with our fade. We have used it as an example to our children. "Where is everyone?, How come no one calls/visits anymore?" It has been a good thing. The kids see it for what it is. Thanks Watchtower!
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    We've all been there. After having been JWs for over 30 years, before the fade was complete, we lost every last JW friendship. In time you will find better friendships. Hang in there.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I have my hubby, my babies and my entire side of the family for love & support.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Even though it's expected, it still hurts.

I think sometimes we think somehow it might be different with OUR friends or OUR family.

Sadly as Leah Remini said last night about breaking from Scientology that they( friends and family) most always choose the church over their relationships with those who leave.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Look into joining a Mom's club. My daughter-in-law did that and it worked out great .......instant relationships as well as a few friendships.

The husbands get together for some events and my son increased his social life as well

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Beautifulmind Mind control a, it's amazing when you leave how these so called Christians can just switch off to you, they are like emotionally dead, oh well that's you done & leave. I got my husband to thank God. The thing is it takes time to make new friends cause you have been so programmed not to mix with people outside, but at least you can breath without feeling guilty. Keep your pecker up you can only go up the ladder when your at the bottom.
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    I have gone thru a similar experience, I have one friend who is a JW who still hangs out with me, we have been best friends since little. He isn't what I would consider even remotely "spiritual" but for some reason he just wont wake up. I think it's mostly the social club aspect of it, anyways, he is single right now and will only date JW. I have no doubt that when he marries a JW not only will I not be invited to his wedding, but he will probably stop hanging out. Sad how this cult works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit