My "best" friend (active JW) has just died

by Terry 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Terry, now I like you because of your love of William Castle movies.
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    sorry of to hear of your loss. I don't think you need to be invited to the funeral though, you should just go. it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, you need your own closure on the matter.
  • steve2
    steve2

So sorry about your loss Terry. Ironical to think you both forged the friendship in the service of the organization but subsequently Johnny was caring enough to stay in touch even after you were disfellowshipped. He is a rare breed of friend.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So sorry for you loss Terry. That is sad story.

It sickens me that they say the JW cult does not destroy families and relationships.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Give respect to good memories where they should be deserved.

I think going to a JW funeral with vindictive cold eyes placed toward you would ruin those personal good memories.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I don't think you need to be invited to the funeral...

I agree. Since when are invitations handed out to ordinary funerals? Just go; if anyone objects they can deal with it, and others will likely be glad to see you.

So sorry your friend is gone. It seems he wasn't that old.

• Terry
    Terry

Yes, thank you all for your expressions of moral support. It is an odd emotion to nurture because I can't connect directly to a solid feeling due to our estrangement. I think it is my distant memory of Johnny more than my recent memory which saddens me.

His intransigence really frustrated me. He would admit so many failings on the part of the Watchtower religion and simultaneously excuse each of them. He claimed thousands of people left the Society in 1975's aftermath because "they weren't in it because they loved Jehovah, they were in it to save their own ass."

He was an intelligent fellow with lots of tricks up his sleeve to avoid losing an argument;)

I got what must be characterized as a "panic attack" last night at bedtime because I realized how many times a day--a week--a month--each year some little thing I learned or saw or felt I wanted to SHARE with him.

It won't ever happen and that is the most final reckoning death has to offer.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Condolences. Very sorry for the loss of your friend.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I'm so sorry that you lost your friend again.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Few experience so deep a friendship Terry. Loss is never easy. I'm so happy you were able to have him in your life. Breathe, slow the racing thoughts and survive. So very sorry for your loss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit