Any thoughts or suggestions........

by sarahj 23 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

welcome Sarah:

You sound like an intelligent person, looking for the right answers. I can tell you this Sarah that the deeper you delve into the so-called truth, you will become amazed at what you will come to know. That in fact the organization is base on lies and half truths. They allow criminals of the worst kind to stay in their congregations in good standing ,while victims try to get on with their lives. They shelter child molesters and they suppress the victims. They have lied times upon times as to the end of this system of things.

In fact recently I was doing some research on Charles T Russell, he was Not the founder of the modern day Jehovah's witness. He was a Bible Student. I also learned that he and others in the early days of this organization were bigots. They looked down upon blacks and hispanics even as far as 1969 when the Bible Aid to Understanding was printed , the Governing Body refused to publish it in the hispanic language, feeling they couldn't grasp the deeper things of God and his organization. I could hardly believe that they feel this way. I am appauled by their ignorance.

You have to do the research of the Organization to begin to understand that it was built on false hoods. Over the years the Society changes things saying under the guise that we didn 't know or the light wasn't manifested to us but now it is and has and all the mombo jumbo. It is the covering up of homosexuality in their own ranks.

Crisis of Consciense has been suggest as great reading so as t o understand the inner workings of the organization, being written by former Governing Body member Raymond Franz.

Once you pick up the book you won't want to stop reading it. Its very enlightening.

I personally could kick myself in the ass for not learning these things before I became a baptized JW. For if I had known then what I know now I surely would have never become one.

Surfing the net will enlighten you like you have never been enlightened before. You may find that why did I waste those yrs as a JW.

My best solution to that is stop now and start all over and see for yourself if the things we tell you in here are indeed truthful. Some of the experiences are heart wrenching, especially the friends who were sexually abused by persons of responsiblity in the cong. and organization. Some of their lifes battles today are on account of the failure of the JW to protect the flock and shepherd it in the way Jesus said. There have been many cover ups and now the Society is being found out that they have done more harm to families and individuals in the Organiztion, and they have much to answer for. There are court cases upon law suits against the organization and it has damaged the image of Jehovah's witness.

My hope for you Sarah is that what ever you choose to do, do it for your self and not for someone else, because they can't live your life only you can. Be true to yourself. And I hope that the answers you seek you will indeed help you to find out the truth about the truth.

May your journey lead you to happiness for yourself and to the ones you love.

all my love

Orangefatcat.Orange Fat Cat 15

• sarahj
    sarahj

Wow I am touched by the number of replies, thanks to you all for the suggestions and the welcome.

I have read what you have all said very carefully, I am so glad that I posted here before making any drastic decisions or talking to my JW family. It is great to have a different perspective on the JW religion, I have friends and family that think the whole religion is a joke but have not actually been involved themselves - it is an eye opener to hear stories of people who have actually been there.

The congregation that I was involved with was full of young people and there was quite a good social network, I enjoyed my time there and still remember some of the people very fondly. I think maybe this is making me see the whole religion through rose tinted glasses, I remember the feeling of fitting in and being surrounded by people who genuinely seemed to care about me, I guess I need to look at the bigger picture!

So...the first thing I am going to do is read 'Crisis of Conscience' and check out some of the websites that you have recommended, thanks for encouraging me to research before making decisions and providing links to the info.

I plan to stick around and look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yes, do stick around Sarah!

One of the most heavily read threads on this site this past year was the "Torn Apart" experience posted by Dansk. You can read it here if you're interested:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/1.ashx

• azaria
    azaria

Hi Sarah,

I hope you seriously think about it, and not go back because you feel pressured. My mother is still a JW. I never have been. Years ago I did look into this org to see if it was the truth. I can honestly say it scared me to death to think that maybe it was. I didn't want to be a JW. I don't believe it is the truth. What helped me to sort it out was checking out the NWT against the NIV and KJV. This org has changed the bible to suit their own doctrine. What also helped me was the Strong's Concordance. For a few years I had a problem with believing in Jesus. Did I believe in Him because I was told I should? I do believe that if we sincerely want the truth it will be revealed to us; individually- what we personally need to know. I also feel that your gut tells you when to beware of something that isn't right. I mentioned in another post about a book by William Schnell (30 years a Watchtower Slave) and he stated that in the beginning already he had this nagging feeling that it wasn't the truth and he ignored it. I hope that you do what is really right for you, not because you feel you must.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit