Demons In Garage Sales or Worse

by Lindy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Well guys, I've done it now!

Our whole little town has a sale every June and this one was no exception. While hubby was watching our sale, my oldest daughter and I walked around the neighborhood to see what we could filch out of our neighbors renderings. One the walk around we noticed the church down the ways was having a rummage sale. Darest I enter into the darn dundgeon of a church basement and slink around and see what I could find? Yep, I darest. Nice sale, lots of stuff, priced cheap too. We walked away with a nice clean spotless tea kettle that my daughter has been wanting to have forever, and only a quarter to boot!

Now I tell you, I expect that the tea kettle (No, it is not blue, nor does it resemble smurfs in any way.) will somehow pour water in itself in the middle of the night, ignite the gas stove and start to whistle about 2a.m. Or maybe it will sprout legs and climb the stairs in the night just to sit and stare at me sometime in the wee hours of the morning. (If it brings me tea and a donut though, I definitly will have to keep it, demonized or not.) It just might even find its way out into the garage sale tomorrow, plunk a sign on itself, and march up and down in front of the house yelling "apostates live here!" (Or worse yet, it could start handing out Watchtower and Awakes to the early garage sale visiters!!)

But one thing I now know is, that I walked into a church and came away from it without a guilty feeling in any part of my body. Never would have even begun to think of going into a church rummage sale and even more so, never would have considered buying anything there. How sad to have guided my life by superstition for such a long time. (JWs laugh at people being superstious of walking under ladders and not letting black cats cross their paths, but believe instead, that everything under the sun is demonized.) But it is now great to live with the freedom of real living.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Lindy (Antique)

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Laughing with you Auntie,

Damn, it is good to shed those old nasty guilt complexes, isn't it?

Yes dear one, the 'little tea pot' story tell a volume. Anyone besides a former cult member, would read your story...shaking their head in complete befuddlement. Afraid of a church rummage sale? Demonized 'tea pots"? What's that you say? LOLROFLMAO!!!

Oh my auntie, we were pathetic to say the least! I so much can relate, it hurts. Every day brings some new sense of freedom from tyrany and repression. Every day away from the 'clouds of doom and gloom' bring new pleasures, never even imagined as a Jw drone.

Your little story just made my evening!

We all share more than we allow ourselves to admit. Must remind myself of that the next time....I feel inclined to call that So and So poster...bastard...idiot...stupid...But I love ya anyway former brother/sister slave. Like it or not, we are forever tied...by our Watchtower past.

Big Bear Hugs to you lady.

Danny

• jurs
    jurs

hi lindy,
    i enjoyed the laugh !! i went to a church yard sale once when i was a JW and felt awful. also , last summer our family went to Europe, i wouldn't go into the Sistine chapel. Darn!!!! i would have liked to have seen it .
    jurs

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

HA! And you think it had no effect. Well, let me dispell THAT idea, Lindy. Just reading about your purchase of this "whore of Babylon" teapot cause a demon to literally LEAP out of the computer screen and have his way with me RIGHT HERE IN MY OFFICE CHAIR....not once....but 47 times.

These things have power....you'd better believe it!!! BTW, did you purchase anything else that you'd care to describe for us? (hehehe)

• Delilah blue
    Delilah blue

I was so convinced about the demons in second hand stuff that I was horrified.
    My daughter bought a blue and white striped sweater in the Goodwill.
    When a few things went wrong that day, as they do any day, we freaked out.
    Picture this.. Me, carrying a big happy looking sweater out the back yard on the end of a 5 foot stick!
    Then like a pyromanic I lit it on fire. Yes, I figured the contamanation wouldn't GET me that way.
    Now , since I know better , I go junking all the time with no fear! And I never take a stick.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Lindy, My dad culdn't understand the bad feeling in our house and decided the furniture must be demonised. It started with the table and went on until we had little left. We could not afford to replace it so we sat on the foor. The only thing he didn't throw out was my mother. Pity she was the problem.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Thanks so much for posting this subject! It makes me remember all the horror stories I heard as a dublet. My family never believed the 'yard sale' jw urban legend, though; as far as we were concerned yard sales ruled!
    I remember all the fuss about proctor and gamble. Some of the old elderettes in our congregation were on a real rampage to make sure no one had that satanic symbol on any household product lest satan himself lead a demonic swat team into your spiritual life. (Imagine about 12 demons in black fatigues and body armor weilding submachine guns kicking in your door and yelling "Christendom! Apostate Ideas! Down on the floor! Hands behind your head!")
    I guess everyone has heard the smurf story. How many kingdom halls have had smurf dolls get up and walk out? I think the smurfs had the right idea.
    Of course that all ended when about 12 elders in black fatigues and body armor weilding submachine guns raided smurf headquarters. Poppa Smurf was the last to go. He took out four of them before one of the elders got him with a grenade.
    But I digress...
    I just love the jw urban legends. We really should see if we could put our heads together and come up with one of our own and pass it along various contacts into the empire. What a hoot!
    mike.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Thanks so much for posting this subject! It makes me remember all the horror stories I heard as a dublet. My family never believed the 'yard sale' jw urban legend, though; as far as we were concerned yard sales ruled!
    I remember all the fuss about proctor and gamble. Some of the old elderettes in our congregation were on a real rampage to make sure no one had that satanic symbol on any household product lest satan himself lead a demonic swat team into your spiritual life. (Imagine about 12 demons in black fatigues and body armor weilding submachine guns kicking in your door and yelling "Christendom! Apostate Ideas! Down on the floor! Hands behind your head!")
    I guess everyone has heard the smurf story. How many kingdom halls have had smurf dolls get up and walk out? I think the smurfs had the right idea.
    Of course that all ended when about 12 elders in black fatigues and body armor weilding submachine guns raided smurf headquarters. Poppa Smurf was the last to go. He took out four of them before one of the elders got him with a grenade.
    But I digress...
    I just love the jw urban legends. We really should see if we could put our heads together and come up with one of our own and pass it along various contacts into the empire. What a hoot!
    mike.

• nojw86
    nojw86

Want a strange story. For years my jw mother in law, went to garage sales about i would say 30 years, everything in that is from a garage sale. Then another sister went to the chruchs for cheese , butter and flour, she stood in long long lines for the goodies went into the churchs and waited inside when they ran out. But after 30 years they are still JW . Oh they has to ask the elders if itwas ok to visit me when I got sick. And even then they were afraid to enter our home. Asses

• Prisca
    Prisca

Lindy

It's now more than 48 hours since you posted this. Any demonic experiences from the tea kettle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit