Hungary

by rakiasp 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hungarian xjw
    hungarian xjw

I think i was earlier here than Raki . (But his english is better than my :) ) Zoli

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Hi Peter!

My brother lived in Hungary for about 7 or 8 years. He lived in Szeged teaching at the university and then Budapest heading a small church. He's not a JW...but he is a Moonie! Been one for over 28 years and I always have hope he will snap out of it one day. Anyway, I have been to your country to visit my brother at least 4 times and thought it very beautiful and interesting! We would take walks along the Danube at night and look at the bridges. It was just gorgeous! I picked up a few phrases over there but I can't recall them now. You have a tough language to learn, at least for me! Anyway, I wish you a warm welcome!

Astro_girl

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Szervusz Raki! Hogy vagy??

I have relatives in XVI Kerulet in Budapest, Rakosszentmihaly. I visit them a lot, and I was surprised when the new Kingdom Hall was built not far from there house, in the early 1990's. I watched the hall deteriorate over the years, last time I saw it it was still being used but it was in a shocking state, uncut grass, needing paint. Then last I heard its been abandoned and its got a big FOR SALE sign.

Also I have relatives in Kolozsvar, but I don't know anything about the JW's there....

Anyway Welcome!! Es Egesegedre!!

Pope (A Pap)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Welcome, I'm not from Hungary but I hear it's a beautful country.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit