Can you get DF'd for having interactions with someone thats DF'd?

by Agent Smith 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

whats taken into consideration when this happens?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

yes you can, there have been various occurrences of this. If I remember rightly this is what they used as a technicality to df Ray Franz

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Yes you can!!!! That's what I was DF'd for. Sorry, but I refuse to let a bunch of old farts in New York determine who I can have as a friend. FYI I have more true friends now than I ever had at the dumbdom hall. I ran into an old witness "friend", told them I was DF'd because I am truely tried of these people, but they spoke with me anyways. So I told them I was too happy now to return, so they basicaly threatened me with death from the scriptures. Boy, that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

thanks guys

• Sirona
    Sirona

nobody

So I told them I was too happy now to return, so they basicaly threatened me with death from the scriptures. Boy, that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

LOL! Yep, this same thing happened to my fiance. He told them how happy he was, they said "you know armageddon is coming up and you could die"...blah blah. Then they recounted how all of xyz family have now "come into the truth" - all but one. My fiance replied "well, at least one of them is happy"

You can get DF for talking to a DF person. I didn't though, I'm not DF, but I did talk to a DF person at a wedding where about 20 active JWs were sitting just across the room. Then I walked over and talked to them and they didn't bat an eyelid.

Sirona

• Loris
    Loris

In a heartbeat.

My second husband got the axe for marrying me. I was DF'd at the time. He was a really nice person. (deceased now) He saw that I was working on my car and stopped to see if he could help. He fixed my car and asked if he could take the kids to a movie. He and I became friends and he asked to marry me. The cong gossip reported him and the rest is history.

Loris

• blondie
    blondie

You are more likely to be DF'd for talking to a non family member who is DF'd. There is wiggle room with a family member, having to conduct "necessary family business."

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    whats taken into consideration when this happens?

The only thing that's taken into consideration is if they will announce your DFing at the Thursday night meeting, or after the WT Study on Sunday. Ostensibly, this is what Ray Franz was disfellowshipped for. He was having a meal with his boss (I believe) who was either disfellowshipped or disassociated (correct me if I'm wrong on that) and that's what they got him on. Although in reality, we all know it was an act of desperation on the part of the Governing Body to shut him up about what he knew.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w81 9/15 29 If a Relative Is Disfellowshiped . . . ***
    The second situation that we need to consider is that involving a disfellowshiped or disassociated relative who is not in the immediate family circle or living at one?s home. Such a person is still related by blood or marriage, and so there may be some limited need to care for necessary family matters.

*** w83 1/1 31 Questions From Readers ***

Now the parents are disfellowshipped because of rejecting Jehovah?s standards and ways. So things are not the same in the family. Of course, the grandparents have to determine if some necessary family matters require limited contact with the disfellowshipped children. And they might sometimes have the grandchildren visit them.
  • Sassy
    Sassy

I knew an elder who lost his position (and for quite a long time) due to the fact he was conversing with someone dfd. Ironically, he wasn't aware he was dfd. I never could understand it.. he was the most loving elder that cong had too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit