The "slave's" dogma depicts Satan as being more powerful than Jehovah!

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Complaining? No, just trying to divert people away from examining what the cult's own literature says - something which seems to touch a nerve with you. Interesting.

haha - I think accuracy is important, whoever you quote from, and whatever you support.

Your OP seems to be making some unsubstantiated jumps in reasoning in order to get to a conclusion, that was all.

My spelling isn't always great, sorry about that.

(PS: In terms of accuracy, you might be interested in my comments regarding what Gerrit Lösch said about the NWT of the Bible here: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4677832330444800/_post/5710704034185216 - interestingly the poster I was replying to hasn't posted here since then )

• waton
    waton

The slave's dogma always held that the almighty's mightiness was never in question. So, why did satan prevail against even the good angelic hosts?

Evidently they suffered the fate comparable of Jerusalem of old, threatened devastation for failing to give spiritual direction to its earthly counterpart the WTB&TS inc. Prior to the time in the wilderness, truly amazing stories were allowed to be published ...1914, : the end of the world, the going to heaven of all anointed, Millions now living will never die, no wonder God gave free reign to the competitors.

from the talking snake to the overlapping generation groups, it does not bode well for the lady with the now 103 year old invisible baby,

• freddo
    freddo

Hi "The Fall Guy".

I get completely what you are saying about why would God's heavenly organisation be fearful of Satan the babysnatcher?

Good thought provoking post.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

freddo: Hi "The Fall Guy".

Inverted commas?

I get completely what you are saying about why would God's heavenly organisation be fearful of Satan the babysnatcher? Good thought provoking post.

Yes, though according to WT that doesn't make 'God' himself less powerful than 'Satan' - as the OP referenced, Rev 12:6 says that the 'Woman / Heavenly Organisation' seeks refuge in a place actually prepared by 'God'.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Satan is an important god in the JW pantheon, one that always has to be taken into account.

If you pray to Jehovah aloud, Satan might hear and use what you are praying about against you! If you watch a movie or read a book, it might invite Satan's angels into your life. If you buy an item at a yardsale, his minions might tag along.

When in doubt, do without! Get rid of any suspected demonic item...burn in! It's a necessary sacrifice so that the "god of this system" will be appeased and you won't draw his ire.

• freddo
    freddo

Agreed "Londo" - it's strange that Satan who is merely a "bad angel" should be so feared by God's angelic forces - especially when they have just been able to boot him and his angels out of heaven in 1914. Or is it now circa. 1914?

• waton
    waton
    .....merely a "bad angel" should be so feared by God's angelic forces -

Did not a "demon prince" of one of the mid eastern empires hold up Michael, Theocracy's No. 2, for a while.?

"WT pantheon" is right!

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting thread. I had not thought of it before. Thanks for contributing your thoughts Fall Guy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit