The "slave's" dogma depicts Satan as being more powerful than Jehovah!

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

According to the org's "guardians of doctrine," (G.O.D.'s) the figurative woman who's mentioned in Revelation chapter 12 is none other than God Almighty's heavenly organization - with its myriads upon myriads of powerful spirit creatures.

it-2 p. 187 - "It would follow that the “woman” is God’s “wife,” the “Jerusalem above,” the “mother” of Christ and his spiritual brothers." jv chap. 7 p. 78 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941) "The symbolic characters mentioned in this chapter of Revelation were identified as follows: the “woman” that gives birth as “God’s [heavenly] organization”

pe chap. 13 p. 117 par. 13 God’s Government of Peace - “The woman,” therefore, represents God’s organization of faithful heavenly creatures.

Since verses 6,13,14,15,& 16 all depict the "woman" as having to run away and get shelter and protection from Satan, it doesn't put God's omnipotence in a good light, does it? Maybe a "new" light about the woman will be forthcoming.

p.s. For defenders of org dogma - no cheating now: the hierarchy emphatically states that the woman is heavenly - not earthly, so please don't try to conflate heavenly & earthly. Verses 13,14,15, & 16 clearly indicate it's the woman herself - and not her "earthly offspring" as the "slave" tries to say, in order to prove their corrupt explanation.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey The Fall Guy - you seem quite the searcher, what with all those WT references, key words bolded and use of italics.

• waton
    waton

wt workers might argue that The Almighty, in order to level the playing field in the universal sovereignty issue, has at time granted extraordinary powers to its opponents.

examples: Job's trials, creating of noxious life forms: guinea worms, mosquitoes etc.

That seeming advantage will end at the onset of the great tribulation, not later than 2075, when the then current crop of anointed, including the GB, F&DS, will have been called to heaven and given immortality, becoming invincible heavenly warriors , ending any future defeats, like depicted in the bunker scenes, for the faithful, in heaven or earth.

Snakes were left speechless at the flood, Armageddon,-- with the anointed fighting, will not be such a dud.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

ds - good point. I'll limit my highlighting aspects of the WTBTS's falsehoods for the benefit of others. Must be my wonderful "Ministry School" training kicking in. I'll just let people accentuate the truths for themselves.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Since verses 6,13,14,15,& 16 all depict the "woman" as having to run away and get shelter and protection from Satan, it doesn't put God's omnipotence in a good light, does it?

Why?

It is 'God' who is omnipotent - NOT the 'woman / wife / jerusalem above'

Thus it is 'God' that Revelation 12:6 says provides protection to the 'woman'

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I'm missing something here. I think if you read the part which you've personally highlighted, I did actually say "GOD'S omnipotence. I never said anything about the WOMAN being omnipotent.

Is there any special reason why you're trying to deflect attention away from what the cult actually says? Unless of course you are an active J.W., in which case, I will respect your choice to believe what you are told is truth.

p.s. Why are YOU using italics and bold lettering in both of your responses????????????

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I'm missing something here. I think if you read the part which you've personally highlighted, I did actually say "GOD'S omnipotence. I never said anything about the WOMAN being omnipotent.

haha - then in view of the thread title and your OP, what you've said just doesn't make sense - actually what you say 'disproves' your title - you're mixing up 'God / Jehovah' with 'Woman / Wife / Jerusalem Above'

Your thread title should be "The "slave's" dogma depicts Satan as being more powerful than Jehovah's Wife (Woman / Jerusalem Above)"

Otherwise your reasoning appears to be verging on a 'strawman' principle'.

And actual believe has nothing to do with it

The concept is called - devil's advocate - which can be very useful valuable

The opposite I supppose it called - confirmation bias - which can be very dangerous

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I came here to get away from people like you - obfuscating J.W. apologists, who refuse to address the point being made. I can do that as well. You said, "And actual believe has nothing to do with it"

For someone who nitpicks others' highlights & italics, may I point out that you've misspelt 'belief' (it's not 'believe', as in your context) as well as omitting periods to end your sentences.

Your School Overseer can give you counsel on such errors.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

p.s. Why are YOU using italics and bold lettering in both of your responses????????????

Why not? I wasn't complaining.

But now you come to mention the formating and stuff, yeah it kinda reminds me now..... there was also The Searcher who used to post here quite a lot, but unfortunately they stopped posting about a month ago just before you started actually, which is a pity as you'd probably have liked The Searcher's postings. They where interesting, I know I enjoyed them.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Complaining? No, just trying to divert people away from examining what the cult's own literature says - something which seems to touch a nerve with you. Interesting.

"They WHERE interesting?" (the word is 'were', I think!)

My, my, is this deliberate or are you just trying to give a deliberately wrong impression?

Enough is enough - "pearls before swine" and all that. Enjoy any future direct quotes from your org which I may post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit