"Good News of God's Kingdom"?

by micheal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I think that Good News has barely begun to be preached.

How about filling the rest of us in on what you are talking about. What good news, and who's preaching it?

Sounds to me like in dubworld.....the earth will be a ghost town for some time. 6 million dubs right? Le't say half make it through armageddon. That's 3 million people on the entire planet. Phoenix AZ has nearly that many.

Not alot of people is it?

Gumby

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Another question: If Jehovah is fair and loving, why are the only options life or death? Is death the punishment befitting ANY sin?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Somehow, I find that I have no belief in Armegeddon nor do I believe in going to heaven..........

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    Somehow, I find that I have no belief in Armegeddon nor do I believe in going to heaven..........

I really don't, either, but I figure whatever happens is going to happen whether I believe in it now or not. If it's true, great. If not, I'll be dead so it's not like I'm going to be aware of it.

• Sargon
    Sargon

This whole 'good news' things makes a farce of the covenant god made with Noah. Supposedly the rainbow is the sign of this covenant the 'he' will not destroy the world again with a global deluge. No, he's come up with a better way to destroy the world. He's like the little boy who tells his mother he won't slap his brother again, then turns around and punches him. What a kind loving father this Jehovah is!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

I don't think it would be amiss to regard that ``death and destruction" rhetoric as symbolic imagery. After all, if the WT can postulate that ``beating swords into plowshares" and the ``lions eating straw like an ox" are actually not literal but refer to pre-Armageddon personality makeovers, then anything's possible.

• Sargon
    Sargon

I guess anythings possible. i once saw pigs fly... but that was at a Pink Floyd concert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit