"Good News of God's Kingdom"?

by micheal 16 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

What's so good about it?

99.9% of earth's population will be wiped off the planet. Humm...(rubs chin with fingers) last time I checked, having over six billion men, women and children destroyed isn't so good.

How odd, very odd indeed.

Anyone else have a problem with this?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It'll be great for crows, ravens and sea gulls. And maybe for funeral parlors!

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's a paradox. God, we are told, loved the world so much he sent Jesus.

Yet Jesus came and said that the road to destruction is broad and spacious, and the road to life is narrow and few are finding it.

So the words of Jesus themselves define the "news" of the "Kingdom", such as it is. Very few make it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are only quoting the Bible when they say that.

BTW, personally I believe most people are quite decent and not worthy of "destruction". I have a problem with any religious group condemning all others to doom or destruction.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've had that problem for a long time, even when I was in. I started referring to it as preaching the bad news.

• micheal
    micheal
    BTW, personally I believe most people are quite decent and not worthy of "destruction". I have a problem with any religious group condemning all others to doom or destruction.

So do I Gopher. If puny humans like us could not destroy billions of good decent people, how could a god love do this?

I've had that problem for a long time, even when I was in. I started referring to it as preaching the bad news.

It only seems to be "good news" for those who will reap the benefits. These people seem to have no problem whatsoever in having billions of good people destroyed.

• dustyb
    dustyb

actually, read the first 25 verses of 1 corinthians 15...it actually states "the good news" that we are supposed to be preaching....heh

• micheal
    micheal

bttt

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I always had a real problem with this, it means that god allowed people to be born for destruction, not a course of justice or love at all

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think that Good News has barely begun to be preached.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

This is funny - I was just discussing this last night with my children (14 and 11) who have been raised in "mainstream" religion. They asked a couple of questions about how their ex-stepdad's beliefs compared to ours and I started with the Armageddon theory (everyone but JW's destroyed, birds eat the dead, JW's cast lots for our homes, cars, etc.) I made it as humorous as possible. Here are their responses:

11 year old boy: "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard."

14 year old girl: "Whatever. I'm glad he's gone."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit