Have any of you out of curiosity ever gone back to a KH?

by Waymores Ghost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

I live really close to one in a town that I just moved to...thought it might be interesting to go and see what kind of horseshit the local dubs are getting these days, what the general mood is, etc. I haven't set foot inside one for almost 30 yrs. and wonder if I would notice any changes in Witlessville.

Wg

• shamus
    shamus

NO! never ever ever!

• patio34
  • Puternut
    Puternut

Curiosity killed the cat. Nothing has changed. But we all have free will, and if you are curious.......... Just know the consequences. They ask who you are, where you live, if you would like for someone to study with you......

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Hehehe...shamus, no, I wouldn't want to go back to a hall where folks knew me...but because I've noticed a few references to a changing mood among the dubs in some recent posts, like a definite lack of zeal, etc. And these posts were made by folks who noticed this change over a relatively short time period. I haven't set foot in a KH for almost 30 yrs. Just curious whether if changes might seem more profound to me.

Wg

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I been to the KH twice for a wedding and a funeral since I left the borg. That was enough. No curiousity here.

• Mulan
    Mulan

NO!!!!!!! It makes me shudder to think of it. I can't imagine a situation where I would EVER set foot in one again.

• dustyb
    dustyb

yep. all i hear is the same thing, mosaic law isn't in effect, but we still need to obey it or we'll suffer the wrath of the Almighty Jehovah GOD, mUHAHAHAHA!!!! same thing, went tonite actually. it was about money and going out in service. Lets donate money to build a new kingdom hall so we can go out in service more. then it was more of them lying to themselves about how the Society is growing and extending eveywhere. whateva.

p.s. all the obediance quotes were mostly from either the Old Testament (where they were told to obey laws and rules). Also one of the bible lessons that i listened to (because my mom was the householder) was an arguement for Luke 23:43 about how the comma should be placed before the word "today" instead of after like the rest of the bibles have it. (the NWT has "today, " and all other translations have it ", today ") uh, ya

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I have never been in a Kingdom Hall, ever, period. I'm actually really curious, after all I have read here,but it isn't worth the hassle.

Waymore, if there won't be negative consequences like them bugging you afterwards , I think that if you feel like it, you should go.

......then post to everyone here what you discovered.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There are people who post what it's like today. Here, we can make freeminded comments on it. You can't do that at the KH.

To answer your quesion, NO.

Lets donate money to build a new kingdom hall so we can go out in service more.

LMAO! I don't know why, but this made me laugh :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit