Louise Palmer: British Parliament to bring up the two witness rule

by Diogenesister 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Fantastic news! Louise Palmer, the lass recently interviewed by a major British newspaper and a CSA survivor, has tweeted the following:

What a busy couple of days! But great news, it looks like the ridiculous “Two Witness Rule” Will be raised in parliament in a few weeks time! #NoMoreSilence #AgainstCSE #ForTheKids

You can catch it on Twitter @loopyloupalmer

All credit goes to Louise for her brave stand in waiving her right to anonymity in order to expose Watchtower's evil two witness rule. Her abuser was given a 15 year sentence reduced to 10, and the link to her story was posted on here a few days ago by our own Darkspilver.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI - Interviews with Louise Palmer about her brother Richard Davenport are at the bottom of the OP here -

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5350034331664384/uk-jehovahs-witness-child-abuse-news-all-links-from-november-20-21-2017

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good more public awareness to what the WTS has been doing regarding instances of pedophilia within its organization will create more public attention to what the WTS has been doing.

The Catholics got exposed now its the JWS.

She should also bring out that the WTS recently instructed all congregations to destroy any written paper work involving pedophilia of its members within their congregations.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Finkelstein, that's not the first time I've seen reference to some "destroy the evidence" instruction but I'm not familiar with the actual document(s) can you give a link or maybe just cite which letter or whatever they used? I really would like to see this and maybe share it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OK MrRoboto I'll have a look

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is web a page that goes into the letter but still searching for the actual letter itself.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jehovahs-witnesses-paedophile-sex-abuse-7278824

anyone like to join in please do.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This may help

2015 CHECKLIST FOR AUDIT OF FILE http://wwwb.fileflyer.com/view/aLIIrA5 The Congregation Service Committee should carry out this audit before December 31, 2015. Everything stated below relates to information stored on paper or electronically. Tick the boxes as you accomplish each task.  Check with all elders to confirm that each one has ***destroyed*** from his personal files:  All agendas and minutes of elders’ meetings (other than business meeting minutes). Note: No elder should be given a personal copy of elders’ meeting minutes. Checking for minutes has been included in case there has been an oversight in this regard and an elder has a set of minutes in his possession in error.  All personal notes taken at elders’ meetings (except those based on discussions of outlines from “the faithful and discreet slave” and that do not mention any particular individual).  Any other personal records, notes, or correspondence that refer to particular individuals. If an elder believes something needs to be retained in the congregation file he should hand it to the Congregation Service Committee. The above three points do not apply to the congregation file. THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO THE CONGREGATION FILE:  Make sure that judicial records are in line with direction found in the following references: ks10 2:16, points 2, 3; 2:21, point 8; 5:39, 41, 62; 7:34; 9:2, 3.  Make sure all records relating to child molestation are in harmony with ks10 2:16, point 3, and 5:39.  Destroy all agendas of elders’ meetings. Make sure that minutes are no more than simple notes of decisions in line with ks10 2:6.  Check the file to make sure that it does not contain any unnecessary letters or documents. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Ms Palmer, 41, who lives in Evesham, Worcestershire, said that she was instructed not to go to the police. " I asked [the organisation]: 'What should I do? Do you report it to the police [or] do I report it to the police?" she told the BBC. "And their words were that they strongly advised me not to go to the police because it would bring reproach on Jehovah."

I'm so glad to see this in The Times hard copy this week and not just on line. It makes more of an impression.

Great news Diogenesister that questions will be raised in parliament, thanks. This Charities Commission enquiry into whether the JWs should have their charity status removed and start paying tax because of their appalling child safeguarding record has been going on since 2013! It's time the government stepped in!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Xanthippe This Charities Commission enquiry into whether the JWs should have their charity status removed and start paying tax because of their appalling child safeguarding record has been going on since 2013! It's time the government stepped in!

Wonder if this happens, Xanthippe, whether they will move all UK operations elsewhere in order to avoid as much taxable income in the UK as possible? Leaving just local, legally autonomous Kingdom Halls?

Maybe someone knowledgeable could comment?

If this happens I believe the already shrinking, UK Witness population will rapidly go into a really terminal decline.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Interesting, maybe you're right, there's so much tax evasion going on, especially if you can afford expensive lawyers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit