Can't you just FEEL the love?

by Puternut 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Had a call from an elder yesterday: "Hi, this is elder N. we haven't seen you in a while, just checking up on you. Oh btw, we haven't received the eldersbook back from you........"

Did he really wanted to see how I was doing? Or did he just want his green book back? I just shook my head as I hung up the phone.

• Sassy
    Sassy

me thinks he wanted the book....

Must be some rule about keeping it huh..

big surprise

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"can you feel a little love?.... dream on, dream on."

• Gopher
    Gopher

Puternut,

Well um -- I guess, technically the book is property of the WT Printing Corporation. They just want their asset back. That asset is more important than you or your thoughts or feelings !!

But of course, I'm sure you'll tell them you've "misplaced" the book.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sounds like they want the book more than they do you...btw, are you going to give them their book back? Just wondering, maybe you could do a switch: elders book for your publisher cards and any info linked to the card? It is YOUR PUBLISHER CARD anyway.

Your phone call sounded like our "welcoming visit last Feb." We had just relocated to a new KH from a different state. The first 10 minutes was "nice and cozy" after that it got ugly. The elders said: " we are here to check on "irregular pubs"..."WE have to see your CARD to know if you are PEDOPHILES"....They said a few more unkind phrases to Mr. CB like: " When we come back, we are gonna make you eat crow." (They repeated that comment 3 times in 2.5 hours...all because they couldn't find a scripture to show why we need publisher cards) All's I could keep thinking is: Where is the LOVE?

Codeblue

• shamus
    shamus

I know that it sucks to hear again, but he only wanted that book back.

They truly do not care about you. Not one bit. It is a horrible thing to have happen, but get used to it. Jehovahs Witness "love" has just begun, friend! Thank god you have somewhere to vent about it.

• Special K
    Special K

Darn Book worms..

special k

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Book? What book?

• Puternut
    Puternut

I have had the book for a while and I have numerous notes in it. Ebay sounds attractive, but then again I might not know where exactly I have misplaced it. A trade for all my service time sounds good also. Fair is fair right?

• mouthy
    mouthy

right!!! fair is fair!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit