New Massachusetts Bill ProposesTo Fine or Jail Someone For Calling Someone a Bitch!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

And if you call someone a bitch , you would be fined 150 dollars the first offense and second is 200 plus possible jail time.

• blondie
    blondie

Why only bitch? Why not certain swear words like the f word, or the c word, or other derogatory words about other body parts?

I haven't read the reason for why bitch was singled out, but I can't think of a reason why the reason would be valid or helpful. After all, who is going to enforce it when there are so many real crimes/problems that need attention.

The school system in Madison, WI, learned that arbitrary laws like "zero tolerance" and does not consider the circumstances, just makes a blanket rule and created an angry response from a large number of people that do not normally agree on other things.

• LV101
    LV101

More crazy -- how can they prove unless there are witnesses -- otherwise more he said she said. How can they police expletives thrown around. It's disgusting behavior but really!

• pixel
    pixel

Stupid politics wasting money.

What happens if I watch a movie with that word on it on my couch in Mass, with the police come and arrest me? And if I listen to it on my car? Such stupidity...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

How about jail time for calling someone 'Nazi' ... jail cells would be full of Democrat politicians and Antifa thugs.

• minimus
    minimus

The thought police are alive and well.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Can a prisoner still make a cellmate his bitch as long as he calls him something else?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Son of a Bitch!

How ridiculous is that!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"In the English language, the word nigger is an ethnic slur typically directed at black people." (Wikipedia)

The word "nigger" has been outlawed and yet in recent Hollywood movies I've heard it used by black-on--black characters. Can someone over the pond explain why the word is acceptable when certain people use it?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

What about certain cultural dialects that use “bitch” in a positive way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit