Revelation stuff per request for PetrW

by EasyPrompt 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Revelation 6:2-8 are echoed in other parts of Revelation.

Revelation 6:2, first rider, on white horse, Jesus has a crown.

Revelation 14:14 "Then I saw, and look! a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was someone like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand."

Revelation 19:11-16 "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, and he is clothed with an outer garment stained with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords."

Second horse, "a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword."

Revelation chapter 9 tells about battle and figurative killing.

Third horse, "look! a black horse, and the one seated on it had a pair of scales in his hand. I heard what sounded like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures say: “A quart of wheat for a de·narʹi·us and three quarts of barley for a de·narʹi·us; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.”"

Revelation 7:16 refers to hunger figuratively...

"They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down on them nor any scorching heat, because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes."

The fourth horse, "a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth."

Revelation 9:18-21 ties in figurative "killing" with stopping certain behaviors...

"A third of the people were killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the sulfur that came out of their mouths. For the authority of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails, for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with these they inflict harm. But the rest of the people who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands; they did not stop worshipping the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their sexual immorality nor of their thefts."

The plagues of Revelation on Babylon the Great during the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation "kill" many people to their former false worship so that they come to serve God in truth. Jesus talked to the congregations in chapters 1-3 warning them to repent of unscriptural practices, "So repent. If you do not, I am coming to you quickly, and I will war against them with the long sword of my mouth."

The wild beasts of the earth are governments. It is by means of the governments that Babylon the Great will be eaten up.

The Bible shows that the four horsemen are just another way of describing the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation.

• Duran
    Duran
    The Bible shows that the four horsemen are just another way of describing the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation.

SAY WHAT?

The 3 1/2 year GT is the time the wild beast is said to have his said 42-month authority, which time the holy city is trampled.

The events of the horsemen are what match the events of the 'pangs of distress' and they lead to the why/how the beast will be given his said authority by the 10 kings.

[And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.]

[It was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months.] [It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.] [If anyone is meant for captivity, he will go into captivity. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. This is where it calls for endurance and faith on the part of the holy ones.] [And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.] [But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, leave it out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for 42 months.] [Between the porch and the altar Let the priests, the ministers of Jehovah, weep and say:‘Do feel pity, O Jehovah, for your people; Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, Letting the nations rule over them. Why should the peoples say, “Where is their God?”’]

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Revelation 8:13 And I saw, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven say with a loud voice: “Woe, woe, woe to those dwelling on the earth because of the rest of the trumpet blasts of the three angels who are about to blow their trumpets!”

This verse seems to be the beginning of the "Woes".

The first woe should then be described in the next chapter. It is about a 5 month long period of locusts that torment people, but do not kill.

The second woe contains much more. It spans from Revelation 9:12 to Revelation 11:14. It looks like for me that the second woe could be the coming 42 months and 1260 days and time, times and half a time.

So this means that the things in Revelation 8 to 9:11 happen before the 42months/1260 days/3,5 years.

In fact I believe Revelation 8 to 9:11 has already happened since 2010.

• Duran
    Duran
    The first woe should then be described in the next chapter. It is about a 5 month long period of locusts that torment people, but do not kill. It looks like for me that the second woe could be the coming 42 months

That is correct according to what is written.

The 3 woes are trumpet's 5, 6 and 7.

Trumpet's 1-4 and events with them take place before these last 3 woes. The locust event occurs in the 1st woe, then in 2nd woe the 42-months occur and then AFTER the 3rd woe comes, which is Jesus coming with the kingdom- Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit