lets sue the watchtower!!

by dustyb 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    blondie:
    That's been done already and the WTS won.
    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=321&invol=158

Actually, the WTS lost Prince v. Massachusetts. The judgment (which was against Sara Prince, the witness) was affirmed by the court.

As the court stated: "Parents may be free to become martyrs themselves. But it does not follow they are free, in identical circumstances, to make martyrs of their children."

• franklin J
    franklin J

We have several interesting precedents.

After what happend with Jim Jones and the mass suicides at French Guianna back in the early 1970s; and the situation with David Kouresh in Waco Texas, I think the USA monitors religious zealot cults. However, WT is smart enough to stay " one step" within the letter of the law. And IT NEVER admits to wanting to "control" anyone.

• dustyb
    dustyb

history repeats itself over and over again....like Joseph Stalin and Russia (he was a shitty czar and didn't do much, but he literally rewrote history to where he was the hero), Hitler (you shut up or be killed, and here's a volkswagen to make you feel better), or Saddam Hussein (i rewrite history for my country to make me look like a good guy, then i tell everyone to shut up or i pour mustard gas on them!! muhahaha).

so ya, they not gonna last that much longer, simply due to the fact that they can't control the "liberated" children now that actually see a lot of world history, then look at the WTS and see the lies. Thats what i did.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

If I felt like I had an inkling of a shot I'd like to sue them for wrongful death in the case of my brother.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Suing a self-serving corporation as big as the WTS is always a daunting task, with variable results. The timid need not apply.

But, there are numerous lawsuits pending, some of which could cut the WTS right hard at the bone.

These things take time...but in the meantime, I agree with what was said above, about taking care to our own mental and emotional health, first and foremost.

Craig

• blondie
    blondie
    Actually, the WTS lost Prince v. Massachusetts. The judgment (which was against Sara Prince, the witness) was affirmed by the court.

I stand corrected. If the WTS lost, what did they lose?

• IT Support
    IT Support

Could they be sued for breaches of human rights law?

E.g. the right to join and leave a religion: if you are 'punished' by shunning for saying you no longer believe in their religion, your right to leave that religion is being eroded.

What do you think?

Ken

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

that's a good point, one to ponder may be suing them under the EU laws which are quite stringent

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

If you sue this company, you're suing something that's been founded by a Mason, a con man, a lawyer and a corporate theif. Good luck! BTW, I'm only talking about 2 men!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    Could they be sued for breaches of human rights law?

That would sure be ironic, since their NGO affiliation was with the human rights arm of the UN!!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit