lets sue the watchtower!!

by dustyb 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

i wonder if a person could get away with suing the watchtower for stressful thinking and loss of life. because if you think about it, it's illegal to tell people what to do (slavery), but they claim that everyone has the right mind and that they aren't telling anyone what to do. I wonder if you could get it suggested by the courts that WTS tries to control through written language in the Watchtower magazine or somethin, iono. LETS SUE THE WT FOR BROWNIES!

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Dusty - I'm totally with you. I've often thought about this and how they basically abuse and misguide people. I'd like to sue for missed life/career opportunities.

• avishai
    avishai

Sue 'em for breach of child labor laws.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good luck with that endeavor!!!

Hope you have enough time and money to devote to this campaign. In the long run... you'll lose. Guaranteed.

I mean, the WTBTS, regardless of how we all may feel, continue to grow bigger and more prosperous each day while here we continue to marinate in our past/present experiences with it. For real, the best way to deal with this is to forget it ever was part of our lives and continue on growing in different directions.

DY

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    In the long run... you'll lose.

DoubtfullyYours - You are probably right. But we can dream can't we?

For real, the best way to deal with this is to forget it ever was part of our lives and continue on growing in different directions.

If it were that easy to just forget! If you were able to forget all of your JW experiences, good for you! But there are times in one's life where we reflect...I will never be able to fully forget...However, I am able to learn and move on...

• dustyb
    dustyb

in all reality, the younger people are leaving and the older people are joining....so eventually its going to snuff itself out anyway like a cigarette..... but monewise, i don't think the watchtower can be beaten legally. their lawyers are GENIUSES, adn thats what they get piad to do, lie, cheat and steal. hide stuff up, be deceitful. so thats why i haven't done anything yet because i'm not as good as they are.

• blondie
    blondie
    Sue 'em for breach of child labor laws.

That's been done already and the WTS won. http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=321&invol=158

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would love to, but the WTBTS has a way of winning - must be Holy Spirit

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    it's illegal to tell people what to do (slavery),

No it's not illegal to tell someone what to do nor is it considered slavery. They aren't physically forcing anyone to do anything. The Society is protected by the Constitution which allows freedom of Speech.

Devon

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    The WTBTS...continue to grow bigger and more prosperous each day.

I seriously doubt that that is what is happening. I think the numbers show that they've reached their apex and are on the way down. The only way they managed to squeek a little "growth" this past year was with the new 15-minute-a-month publisher arrangement. I'm confident that we're going to have actual negative growth numbers (or outright lying) in a couple years.

Suits or no suits, WT is going down.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit