Who is leading this organization?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 14 Replies latest jw friends

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

What if there is no good or bad? What if there is only constructiveness and destructiveness and everything runs in cycles? I think the society is not so much evil as stuck.

They started out with some premises that they thought were right at the time. Time has proven most of these things to be in error. I think the organization is in a fix of its own making. It has set itself to be God's spokesman and now has to face the truth of its delusions.

I don't see how they can win any way they go. If they cling to outdated tradition people resent them and if they make changes people criticize them for see-sawing back and forth.

I guess if you call hurtfulness evil the society is evil. But I don't think many of the people associated with it intend to be evil. I think they sincerely believe in it as I did when I was a witness. Even alot of people at the top must believe or had believed in the past. I think a lot of witnesses are puffed with their own humility. They really believe that by disciplining others they can save them, and also protect the congregation. And by all means, anything negative must be swept under a rug so as not to stumble possible new prospects. Most of us at one time or another felt like protecting the org, was like protecting our own mother. It hurt to hear others question or put it down.

I think it is all too complicated to label it a fabrication of Satan--who is probably just a mythical creature thought up by ancient people to explain things they could not understand about life.

Often the most dreaded things in this world come about when there is intense fear and insecurity.

• Mary
    Mary
    Great teacher said: I don't think Satan exists, so he/she/it has nothing to do with it.

Oh now, come on!! How else can you explain the J-Lo/Ben Affleck picture that was out 6 months ago??!!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I agree with you particlesnwaves5 about the people sincerely believing, even the ones at the top. But how long could they possibly keep believing. With all the information on the net now. And the young ones are the ones who are supposed to take over. Most of them are doing research about the religion now and realize it's a lie. I do feel sorry for them. A dream they've been clinging to for so long is nothing more than a tale.....

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Oh and by the way! Welcome particlesnwaves5! Lots and lots of new ones are joining us on the board.

• mustang
    mustang

This is one that you won't see from Brooklyn:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit