Who is leading this organization?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

When I was still a JW, I thought that God was really working through these men at the WTS. I trusted them and I believed everything they printed to us. Now that I am out for so many years and can stand back and look at the organization without a brainwashed mind, I really wonder who runs this. Do you think its just a religion with good intentions, or do you think that Satan has made this organization look so appealing?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

It's nothing to do with Satan, it's to do with twisted men

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The lawyers and accountants - and Jaracz

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

I don't think Satan exists, so he/she/it has nothing to do with it.

I do believe that back in the 1970's & 1980's it was run primarily by the governing body and those closely associated with them. But presently I feel that the organization is run by a group of very shrewed marketers, lawyers, accountants, and other business professionals. A lot of the biblical craziness (prophecies, etc.) is no longer prominent in the literature. It has been replaced by propaganda techniques, solicitaion of contributions, and reinforcement of biblical interpretaion that involves controling masses of people.

I have been out since 2000 or so, but I still know a lot of JW's having never been DF'd.

• mustang
    mustang

"Do you think its just a religion with good intentions, ..."

1) It seems that it started out with good intentions.

2) There is no doubt that when "da Judge" hijacked and remodeled it, that a downhill slide started.

3) Once a certain amount of mistakes are made, there is almost no retreating. *

4) That is where it stands and likely will stay.

* Exception: The brave folks over @ WWCOG did the unthinkable and said "we were wrong".

Mustang

• shera
    shera

Regardless,if satan exsits,there is much evil in this world.What this religion has done and is still doing,I feel they are controlled by evil.Many people have good intentions,first.

My opinion,when "man" has power,man becomes corrupt.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Who is leading this organization?

• shera
    shera

Yep,like the saying goes "Money is the root of all evil"

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

They are the Amway of organized religion.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Shera It's "The Love of Money is the Root of all Evil"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit