Arguments I’ve Had: Historical Accuracy and the Bible

by Saethydd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

good story of the magic gremlin, I use the term "boogieman" Jehovah when I need to insert absurtity into a JW conversation. Usually get the same response , "stop mocking god" and I just smile...

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Redvip, the governing body's conceit is that God is guiding them so to hell with hard won information and facts, the enormous collective evidence discovered by scientists over many generations through experiment, exhaustive testing, measurement, debate, counter argument and analysis-- the ignorant narcissists at JW HQ dismiss it all with a wave of the hand and a smug self righteous smile. Education is from the devil!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What no JW has explained to me is, if their "truth" is not established upon solid facts and evidence that will stand any scrutiny, then why is their "truth" any more valid than any other religion ?

They shake their heads and walk away, fast.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Saethydd what a great post and I want to thank you for it. I learned a new word Ad Hoc and how it is used in wrong reasoning. I now understand even more how cults have such a strong hold on so many people. Again thank you. Still Totally ADD

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

I hate to be that guy, but 'ad hoc' is technically two words.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    truth_b_known - "...I found the true definition of 'faith' being - accepting something to be factual without any evidence or proof..."

Mark Twain even took it a step further...

..."Faith is believing what you know ain't so."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. the thread subject...

I was luckier than most, I think.

At the start of my fade, all of the objections that JW loyalists use to dismiss any kind of objective criticism of WT beliefs ran through my noggin ahead of time, and I realized very quickly that trying to explain my position to any of them would be no better than repeatedly smacking my head against a brick wall...

...so I managed to skip that stage in my WTexit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit