If You DO GO to Meetings, You Might Die!

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The Watchtower ( and recent Kingdom Ministry) LOVE to THREATEN DEATH

if you don't attend meetings.

However, I have known about a number of Witnesses who died while at the meetings

or attending the assemblies. I wouldn't be surprized if anyone reported a death or two

from attending Vets Stadium in Philadelphia, for example!

A much bigger example was Lloyd Barry - a Governing Body member - who

collapsed while giving the talk "Fighters Against God Will Not Prevail" in Hawaii

(if memory serves me correctly). During the climax, in which he condemned

"apostates", he passed out and was taken from the stage where he expired.

So, BEWARE!!

Meeting attendance ( and Herod-like proclamations against apostates)

have been sometimes associated with death!!!!!!

metatron (be safe, stay home, drink hot cocoa, and watch Joan of Arcadia instead)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've know about ones that died at conventions. My old JW friend (who is an ex-jw now) told me "someone always dies at the convention". Believe it or not, that was another thing added to the pile of doubts. Why would Jehovah allow his people to die while recieving his spiritual food?

• shamus
    shamus

It was always pumelled into my mushy brain that you would still not be saved even if you did everything right. It bothered me to no end. Even though I was giving 100 percent, I still may die at armageddon. I mean pallease!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    . I wouldn't be surprized if anyone reported a death or two

from attending Vets Stadium in Philadelphia, for example!

For anyone who has ever been at Vets Stadium, it is so understandable. I think the feild temp. was at 120.We used to sit by third base, and boy did we wind up inside walking around every year because it was way too hot.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Dying at meetings, possibly a danger, but not anymore than being anywhere else I'd imagine other than the insane overheated conventions

Now, dying in FS? Hell, it's a gimme. It's gonna happen.

In our area, there was a group of four young Reg Pio's that died in a car accident while in FS.

Poor husband lost his new bride of less than a year to this bOrg because of that accident.

And don't forget the many older ones who are driving in FS who shouldn't be driving at all.

Backing out from a driveway into a busy highway, driving too slow, people going into ditches because it's snowing outside, etc...

You name it, i'm sure there are a few accounts that people can recall where something like this happened.

There are a few times I can think of myself that i should have died.

Maybe jehover knew i would escape and saved my hide

When those four died by us in FS, I wondered:

"How can Jehovah let those four Reg Pio's die in his service?"

Time and unforseen circumstances?

Maybe if you play the odds enough by being on the road 90 - 70 hours a month, there's a likelihood you will die with your boots on

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Actually, Metatron, all of us died at the meeting, convention or field service. We are really dead but most do not know it. I know because some spirit guy told me. I am not sure I was supposed to tell all of you. This is the afterlife.

Heather

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hear, hear, FlyingHighNow.

I would say the great danger to meeting attendance is that they utterly destroy meaningful existence if you finally succumb to the teachings. Walking into one is like entering a pressure-cooker where you'll be exposed to one-sided arguments, lots of emotional blackmail, and threats regarding your everlasting future. Sounds like about the riskiest thing you could possibly do.

Enjoying the afterlife in Seattle

• JWrobot
    JWrobot

I knew one elderly lady visited the Wt. Doc at the Vet.The Holy Spirit told her through him to go home and get a life.She died going home on the bus the KH rented.

Years earlier,when I was about 9 attending a convention in Montreal in a very hot summer, I constantly heard all the numbers of people who had fainted.Being programmed to remember numbers,when our family came back to the states and visited a worldly relative, he asked how the vacation went. I immediately blurted out," 2 died 146 fainted." I was rebuked right away for speaking the truth.

• Badger
    Badger

I've wanted to KILL at meetings...

• metatron
    metatron

Well, crap!

If this is the afterlife, it doesn't look like we're in heaven!

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit