The L-Word

by asortafairytale 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Haven't seen the show, so I can't comment on that, but at the very least, perhaps it represents another step in more liberal attitudes gaining broad acceptance. If they have to use a bunch of pretty girls to keep the hetero males interested in it, then fine. It still helps people to begin accepting same-sex unions. The faster we can do away with religiously inspiried animosity and prejudice, the better. Hopefully this show reflects changing attitudes.

SNG

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Speaking as a hetero woman who also hasn't seen the show, as I am in the wrong country: I don't know any women who look like that - straight, bi- or gay.

Of course it's unrealistic, it's US TV. Society might collapse if someone less than an airbrushed perfection appeared on your screens.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Imagine, a city filled with nothing but lipstick lesbians.

I still haven't caught it but I will. I saw a little deal about the writer who is lesbian. I'm sure she would love to keep it accurate but of course that wouldn't sell and it wouldn't be on the tube.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Personally believe this show was cast based on a man's image of what a lesbian should look like so that they could get off on it.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit