Reddit Post: Watchtower Appeals to Supreme Court

by APieceOfShitNamedTate 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cofty - "...Is it the scale of the problem that they need to keep secret or are there particular names that need to be protected...?"

Probably both...

...but I suspect it's far more the former than the latter.

Remember, a brother found guilty by a JC "may" still be eligible for "privileges" after a certain amount of time if the offense isn't widely known.

And considering how fewer and fewer qualified guys are "reaching out" (to the point where Top-Shelf Tony has essentially threatened them with male spinsterhood if they don't), the bOrg has gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel for congregation administrators by now...

...to the point where they have no choice to appoint more and more ("repentent") abusers, simply because there's too few left.

The more the WTS is required to report, the harder it will be to keep the rank-and-file in the dark (i.e. keeping the sheer scope of the problem on the DL), and the pool of candidates dries right the fuck up.

And if the rank-and-file - particularly parents - put together that their only remaining MSs and elders are pedophiles (or are protecting pedophiles), well...

...good luck functioning at the grassroots level (let alone convincing them that the WTS is "God's Earthly Organization") when that happens.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - "I can see the 'conservative' court siding with 'religion' (Separation of Church & State) if all the many religious institutions provide 'Friends of the Court' briefs supporting the WTS's position."

Siding with a religion nobody actually likes?

To keep child abusers confidential?

In the #metoo era?

Good luck with that.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Watchtower has decided to appeal to the United States Supreme court on the basis that their judicial hearings related to child abuse matters are "confidential intra-faith communications" and that they do not, and should not, reveal those communications or documents to anyone, including civil courts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this part of J.W.'s attorney "discovery" procedure? While the WTS does not have to disclose what they turn over to JW and can perhaps have these documents sealed by the court, they are still required as they form a considerable part of his case. I'm no legal scholar but I believe this is basic procedure and it runs both ways.

It doesn't matter if they are deemed "confidential" or not.

The governing vermin are attempting to circumvent the courts by assigning some sort of State Classified stamp to their religious documents. The WTS lawyers will quickly find out their communication, whether religious is nature or talking about grandma's gravy recipe, will be considered as part and parcel of criminal evidence.

I hope the WTS attorneys get laughed right out of court with their bogus claim.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I’d like to see the Sup. Ct. get into the ring with the GB, just to beat the hell out of them.

The gibbering baboons are so full of themselves. They have convinced themselves that because they have won there before, they will win there every time.

But as pointed out by others, this time is different. They are not there fighting for everyone’s right to worship freely. They are there trying to conceal their filthy underbelly.

I hope the SC gives each and every gb a ‘drive angry’ proctological exam.

• User99
    User99

Maybe this is a fulfillment for the “man of lawlessness” being revealed?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tenacious - " The WTS lawyers will quickly find out their communication, whether religious is nature or talking about grandma's gravy recipe, will be considered as part and parcel of criminal evidence."

They're already on their way there.

Why else do you think the GB has started to tell local congregations to shred the files?

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Is John Redwood his real name?

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/03/the-secret-jehovahs-witness-database-of-child-molesters/584311/

Here is a "Too Long Didn't Read" excerpt from that link. Basically, his real name is Mark O'Donnell, and he created the pseudonym "John Redwood" in homage to another ex-JW activist with the pseudonym "John" followed by the name of a tree/amusement park in Ohio:

A white Priority Mail box filled with manila envelopes sits on the floor of Mark O’Donnell’s wood-paneled home office, on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. Mark, 51, is the owner of an exercise-equipment repair business and a longtime Jehovah’s Witness who quietly left the religion in late 2013. Soon after, he became known to ex–Jehovah’s Witnesses as John Redwood, an activist and a blogger who reports on the various controversies, including cases of child abuse, surrounding Watchtower. (Recently, he has begun using his own name.)

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Who else thought that Cedar Point is a city in Ohio? It's actually an amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio.

So I was the only one? Okay...

• LV101
    LV101

I'm also concerned, DOC, about the other religions joining in this "Friends of the Court" unless they are afraid they'll lose followers -- as well as them siding with "religion." When it comes to money the religions will regroup and have a love fest.

I hope you're right, VID, as well as all others' positive statements against WT.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the update and information. The leaders of the WT Society are just as evil and criminally liable as the leaders of the Catholic church, Scientology, Mormons, or any other religion or cult who puts money, power, and control as more important than the safety and welfare of child abuse victims. It's sick, sick shit. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit