Alexander Hislop Two Babylons

by pc 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pc
    pc

Euphe, My dad is in his 80's and still quotes things from way back when. My dad was the presiding overseer in the 60's. Went to Gilead and was taken under the wing of one of the "annointed". I'm just trying to use information that he is familiar with and something that might stir his mind. I had already found that site if you read my post. I'm looking for additional because Woodrow was closely connected to a specific christian site. pc

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello PC,

a nice question about the book. I do have a copy, and I did

really made a deep search into its many pages.

Quite interesting...the latin-roman influence.

You'll find a copy on the web... ready to download it ...free!

(I do belive from Yahoo)

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here is another critique: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mischedj/ct_babylon.html It may be from a catholic background.

Here is amazon on the book in which woodrow retracted his earlier book based on hislop, to which megadude referred: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0916938174/qid=1074642693/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2767099-2766238?v=glance&s=books

SS

• pc
    pc

Thank you Machislop and Saint Satan, pc

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It is written in the JW style, that is to sellectively choose the evidence and squeeze the life out of it. The sections about the Cross and bishop mitres and holy water etc.having pagan precedent and origin are correct tho. These are not matters of debate. Whether from babylon or elsewhere the Xtian sects assimilated or pertetuated the rites and symbolism of it's predecessors.

• shotgun
    shotgun

If you compare The Two babylons with The Finished Mystery you can see where they were getting their proper food and new light in 1917.

• JCanon
    JCanon

A very interesting book. The WTS had it available as part of it's library at one point. My impression is that it is a counter-intelligence book for Freemasons/Templars who are also known to be rigidly anti-Catholic for some reason, as witnesses are as well. A book against pagan practices which detail them can be just as informative to pagans as non-pagans. The book appeared to have a lot of "insider" information for my read. But who knows?

It is available on-line by the way...

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit