Survey

by Vienna 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Vienna:

I guess I fall under the category of JW technically, in name only, since I don't want to "da" myself and lose association with my family, but I don't attend meetings anymore.

And right now, I question everything so I am still looking for what I believe that makes sense.

As to your statement:

I admire any JWs who come to this board--seems hard to put up with a lot of the comments here

Which JW's are you referring to?...the ones who like me are still stuck in the org. because we have family we don't want to lose?..or the JW's who come here to spout off the self-righteous, sarcastic, name-calling. I don't know how long you've been coming to this board but we've had a few come here to try to run us down into the ground with their "you all are stupid and doomed and I have the truth and will be saved and I will laugh at your slaughter at armageddon".

I sure hope those are not the JWs you admire.

Those of us who are still trapped in name only as a JW, do not find it "hard to put up with some of the comments here". The comments here that I have found have mostly been encouraging, upbuilding, supportive, funny, sensible, intelligent and extremely well-documented.

If someone claims to not believe in God anymore, I don't have a problem with that. That is their own personal choice...that works for them.

Had Enough

• Farkel
    Farkel

: a) Christains--not a JW

NO!

:b) Jehovah's Witnesses

N O !

: c) Do not believe in God

I'm fence-sitting, wonder why I should because I'm not so sure he believes in me, or he even gives a rat. If he exists and doesn't believe in me, I won't bother with him. If he doesn't exist, nothing I believe matters anyway. It's a classic dilemma. There is absolutely only ONE reason I can justify believing in a God (provided one doesn't get sucked up into religion or crusades), and that is
    it can't hurt!

: d) Have a belief in God but just not active in anything right now

Never will be active in

ANY
    religion, group, cause, sect, ever again!

Farkel

• COMF
    COMF

I believe in the healin' power of the blues. Ain't nothin' in dat bible can cure yo ills like a few rounds of "Big Leg Woman" blown on a bluesharp.

COMF, Freddy King Fan Extraordinaire

• jurs
    jurs

hi vienna,
    i DA"d myself several weeks ago. to answer your survey questions is difficult. it really depends on the day or minute. i want to believe in God. i want to be a christian and find a church. but after being duped i no longer feel i'm so smart as to figure out what the "truth" really is. i don't believe an angel will guied me to it. i thought that once and i was wrong. i no longer believe if you have a sincere heart and you search "like one searching for a hidden treasure you'll find all the answers. i still pray but i admit to God i don't know who he is. if there is a God and i hope there is i think he'll understand..
    jurs

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

"How many on this board are: a) Christains--not a JW b) Jehovah's Witnesses c) Do not believe in God d) Have a belief in God but just not active in anything right now"

a) Yes
    b) No-exiled 5 years ago
    d) Yes, but does he need a name? Will never belong to an organized religion again.(and dont anyone get smart and ask if I will belong to a disorganized religion) LoL
    Religion exploits what i belive is our god-given spirituality. We are his children, and religions (just check the bloodiest wars in human history, or the atrocities mankind has visited upon each other, and you will find religon calling the shots) will separate us, not only from one another, but fro god himself.

Boozy

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hi Vienna,

Welcome to the group. I guess I'm classified Inactive-ex. I'm techinically inactive, but I consider myself an ex-JW as I would never return. I'm not even sure I believe in God's existence any more. I know I certainly wouldn't follow the God of the Bible, as he's a sadistic creature if ever I've seen one. I don't believe in organized religion of any sort. It's usually just a tool to control the masses.

RCat

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Short answer: I believe in the Divine (NOT the Christian God), but have no interest in joining any organization. Organizations, IMO, inhibit spiritual growth.

Technically, I guess I'm inactive. I just walked out a year a few months ago but didn't bother to send in a DA letter.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• OrangeBlossom
    OrangeBlossom

Even though I still go to the occasional meeting, to keep family happy, I consider myself a Christian. I believe Christ gave his life for ALL mankind, not just JW's. After that, I'm not sure.
    Do we go to heaven when we die? Don't know!
    Will we be resurrected back to earth? Don't know!
    Is God a trinity? Don't think so but who am I to dispute!
    Is there a burning hell? Don't think so!

I guess I will find out the answer to all these questions when I buy the farm...or maybe not!

• heathen
    heathen

I'm a heathen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit