Crying at the Kingdom Hall these past 2 weeks

by James Jack 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You have to wonder just how big the problem really is.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Exactly Joe134cd

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "You have to wonder just how big the problem really is."

Big enough that - at this point - they're willing to make absolutely fucktarded petitions to the SCOTUS in what's gotta be near-desperation to keep things "confidential"...

...because - in the end - the more this shit becomes public (and, more importantly, irrefutable), the more increasingly difficult it becomes to keep the rank-and-file from realizing that the WTS is not actually "God's Earthly Organization".

And that is something that I suspect they will go to nearly any lengths to postpone for as long as possible.

• blondie
    blondie

If the Roman Catholic church could not keep their info confidential, I'm sure the WTS thinks they are next on the list regarding public reveal. How did the RC open the door regarding "confidential" info?

https://www.archbalt.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Sexual-Abuse-FAQ_Revised_3.pdf

Will the Church release its files on abusive priests? In 2002, the Archdiocese of Baltimore became among the first dioceses in the world to examine its personnel files and release the names of all known priests who had been credibly accused of abuse. To date, only 40 of the nearly-200 dioceses in the U.S. have done so. Making public entire personnel files would violate state and federal privacy laws and releasing even redacted files would, some survivors worry, still pose a risk to their privacy.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The WT now seems to be seriously on the radar of judges around the world, including the US.

One of the cases in California removed the idea of clergy confidentiality from the WT, ruling that their 'confession' procedure was not confidential, as more than one person was involved, and the procedure was more judicial and punitive, and not truly confidential.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I’m always appalled to hear these stories, I only studied until I was 13 and then left but my 4 siblings are all Jws.

A while ago my sister whom has 5 kids let her three boys go visit my brother and wife, (who’s now an elder) over summer time for two weeks.

when I asked why my niece didn’t go too, since the ages are similar, she was very shorted answer and just replied that no, she was a girl and would not be going.

I felt weird about this. I started thinking that maybe my sister knows about these cases and doesn’t want my niece into any chance of a line of danger.... but this is our brother, whom she knows well and shares her life with, she’s an intelligent and resourceful woman.

If she knows this things happens in the organisation.... why doesn’t she wake up and leave?

I feel baffled every day, this way of life is just alarming.

Another thing that spiked my thoughts was, years ago when our children were younger they flew over for a visit, I said they could go play, but my sister insisted that no... no boys in girls rooms. The children were only young. I have only girls she has boys and one girl.

All my siblings have horrible lives as Jws......financial problems, stress to comply in case of the young teens and really strained marriages.

I’m blessed that I left, I just wish they left too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Pistoff - "The WT now seems to be seriously on the radar of judges around the world..."

Lawyers, actually.

They're the ones that tend to smell blood in the water.

:smirk:

• blondie
    blondie

Theonlyoneleft,

It is only too late (to leave) when they are dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit