Watch Tower's Popularity

by dydeonwl 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

The article says: "More than 50 million copies are sold in a month in major countries of the world where Bible is read. This magazine is published by a reputable agency Jehovah’s Witnesses."

First, the WT is not sold but distributed (placed), free of cost to the recipient.

Second, it is apparently published by a "reputable agency" .... funny, not a religion organization but an agency....and one wonders why it is reputable

What is missing is how many of these free of charge WT's magazine end up unread in the garbage can.

Also, how did they measure popularity ??

Anyway, this is about US made magazines. I wonder if you would look at free newspapers in the UK for example or certain publications in China or India.

• sir82
    sir82

Watchtower has been named as world's most published and circulated magazine in US.

In an odd and easily overlooked footnote, the Watchtower was also named "the magazine most likely to be accumulated in stacks of several hundred in the back of a JW's closet" and "the magazine most likely to be pitched into a dumpster within seconds of being passed on from a JW to a non-JW".

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It may have been the most printed, but certainly not most read. Every one of us had stacks that went right to trash because they were not placed. Now they have way fewer public editions, most of the " insider" edition is electronic. I ffc I make a bobble and delete the wrong thing I suddenly have " circulated" two or more copies. Include more than one computer/ phone too

• Incognito
    Incognito

I guess all of those stacks of undistributed magazines my parents had in their basement did some good after all, even if they only were used to support WT's circulation claims.

No doubt the JWs who purchased Bound Volumes every year also increased the circulation numbers, even as those books were for members only and were a repurchase (before the donation arrangement) of the same magazines those members had already purchased through the previous year, many of which were sitting in stacks in their basements.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

PS. I get sales flyers thicker than the new mags. Better info, too.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

if Time magazine had 8 million employees is many countries, who were forced to read each issue and also pay for several more to give away, they would be the most circulated magazine.

The Org has the luxury of having 8 million slaves who have no choice but to consume their product.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Most copies end up in the possession of the jws who took them to distribute or just thrown away.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper
    • I asked my jw dad a month ago to bring me home a wt mag they were studying that week. He couldn't find one. They how a shortage of mags. And they don't have 8 million dubs. Maybe 5 million at best. My dad made his own cart . From a shopping cart and a small folding stool. We laugh at him he has the same ,10 year mags clipped to the cart for years. All wrinkled and crumpled from rain. I always ask him how's BUSINESS, DON'T LOOK LIKE YOUR PEDDLING MANY MAGS. THEN I just laugh at him no one wants to here the gospel of 1914
  • Half banana
    Half banana

I would give it the accolade of the world's least loved magazine since it's only ever forced on people.

It used to be the highest print run of any magazine -- but they never once mentioned how it was simultaneously the least read. Even JWs didn't always read it!

For a non JW to read The Watchtower, it is excruciating, obviously just mind-bending indoctrination. Just about tolerable if you had an IQ below 50. Actually it's total rubbish and none of it has come true.

What a waste of paper! What a waste of effort, what a colossal waste of time and people's lives?

• LV101
    LV101

Years ago I read somewhere on the internet it was the most circulated magazine - or the WT produced/used X amount of paper/printing second to the US government. It didn't make sense and who knows the facts. I think it was old H20 info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit