Watch Tower's Popularity

by dydeonwl 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dydeonwl
    dydeonwl

Watchtower has been named as world's most published and circulated magazine in US. Amazing

Source:

https://tingtopten.com/2020/01/top-10-most-popular-magazines-in-the-world/

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Free stuff has its appeal

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Part of the reason the WT. and AW. was circulated and distributed as they have been since the late 1800's is because the executive publishers (GB) were self supporting bullshitters as well commercialized false prophets.

" The Truth "

Truth in advertising is a not widely held ideology with free and unregulated religious charlatans, one might call it righteous corruption , exploiting human ignorance to create power and money.

• steve2
    steve2

Who wrote this fluff piece? Among other comments, the Awake "magazine" is described as a magazine "beloved of Christians."

I can't believe there's no comment about The Awake and the Watchtower in recent years becomming increasingly more like pamphlets or tracts than magazines.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

world's most published and circulated magazine

---------------------------------------------------------------

And with what affect? Kingdom Hall after Kingdom Hall in the "crapper" and JW's flying south for the winter and not coming back.

So, what good is it?

Petra!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I had an awake mag on my front lawn, not in my letterbox or at the door but actually on the lawn grass. I noticed the house across the road also had a JW rag in their front yard.

Do they just throw them out of car windows now and let the angels do the rest?

What really stood out is the decline magazine standards, it’s honestly difficult to even call it a magazine nowadays

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Perhaps in terms of production numbers yes, but then what?

JWs read it I guess, and the rest are stored in piles in their homes and if they are lucky some are handed to home owners who are quick to drop it in the trash bin on their way back to the kitchen.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

TOTAL BULSHIT.
    No real list would have a magazine that is not only given away, but usually forced on people or left at laundromats.

More than 50 million copies are sold in a month in major countries of the world
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Maybe a Watchtower publisher wrote the article or a power elder owns the site.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Watchtower has been named as world's most published and circulated magazine in US. Amazing

Unlike most magazines, the Watchtower has 8 million built in subscribers but JW's will claim that this means they are being backed by the "True God" . What about the publication that came in second place the Awake? Does coming in second place mean that they have a little less of God's backing than the Watchtower does or does it simply mean that they're second best at getting that magazine distributed and need to do a better job?

What it means is that more Watchtowers are distributed because 8 million JW's use the Watchtower at the Sunday meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit