Women's Fashion Woes...a fluffy rant

by Frannie Banannie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Okay...the fluff is running rampant on JWD this weekend, so I'm just jumpin' in with my .02.....

I hate the way fashion designers dictate what we're gonna be wearing for the next year or two or three (if they can't come up with something new and innovative or retro to titillate the egos). Take for instance those needle-nosed shoes they're pandering to the public lately.....Besides being extremely uncomfortable and likely to trip the wearer up with the extra length required to extend the toes of the shoes to a needle point, has anyone seen what they do to ppl's feet years later??? Just visit your local nursing home and take a gander at all the hammer toes, bunions and crossed toes of old peeps that were slaves to similar fashions decades ago! Get a clue, you fashion divas! Picket your local shoe departments!

An old gripe of mine is against bras that fasten in the back....my arms were not designed to pretzel up my back to fasten these buggers....put the fasteners in the front, where they belong!!! And make 'em secure enough not to pop loose when I cross my arms in front so my breasts don't suddenly go "charismatic" on me in public....Why in the hell did they ever put 'em in the back in the FIRST place???

I DO happen to like the men's pants that are cut in the crotch so as to "enhance" the "package", but it seems silly that the designers haven't taken it one step further and added a built in "cup" like a bra to hold everything in place and out front for viewing.

Well....that's a few of my fashion rants for starters...You got any?

Frannie B

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Frannie, I have two words for you: UGG boots. They're the hottest thing right now with everything from pants to miniskirts, and are actually comfortable. Go figure! As for the pointy-toed shoes, I admit I have a pair of small boots like that and I bought them half a size larger than usual so my toes could still wiggle.

I LOVE fashion, but over the years have tried to evolve a basic, classic style that works for me, and then I add a few fun trendy things that aren't too expensive periodically. I've never had the body for Versace (which is a good thing 'cause I've never had the money either!), so why bother?

My rant: swimsuits. Guys don't have to do bikini waxes -- why should we??? Cut the damn things a little better, please!!!

Nina

• wednesday
    wednesday

I like the crochet designs . They are everywhere, form jeans to skirts, sweaters. I love it, it reminds me of the 70's. I love the low cut jeans, but only skinny girls can wear them. I remember the original "hip hugger jeans". I wore them the first time...

One piece of fashion advice i saw on Oprah, if u are old enough to have worn the retro stuff the first time around, don't wear it the second. unless u are blessed with the body of a super model.

My rant. why do all the models and young actresses look so thin? They have bodies of preteen boys. women should have curves.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG Don't get me started. What's with the stores that they buy this stuff thinking only young people have the money? Don't they realize the baby-boomers look insane in these things?

Finding something half-way decent without looking like my grandmother is next to impossible some years. And now with all the pointy shoes just try to find a decent round toed shoe anythere. It they decide stiletto heels you're pretty much stuck with running shoes if you need a pair of shoes for something. My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks and you think I can find a pair of shoes to wear? Not that I will be on my feet much but really!! Everyone is selling black shoes and I need color! Even white will do and I will dye it for pete's sake.

Yea and try to find a fancy dress without spending an arm and a leg when you are older. I don't want strapless in winter or backless. What the heck have they done with sleeves for these things. I now have 4 dresses to choose from and not one has sleeves - for a winter wedding. So try finding a jacket - Yikes I want silver - but noooooo this is a gold year so not a hint of silver anywhere.

Ok I'm going to go get a heavy mocha with lots of cream and calm down

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• nilfun
    nilfun

I think I'll go back to sewing my own clothes again. My clothing fabrics/prints won't look so cookie cutter, and besides that, it's fun!

• wednesday
    wednesday

LL

i don't know what size u are, but lane Bryant an Roamans have some GREAT stuff for size 12 and over. (imagine size 12 is LARGER LADIES SIZES-WOW) Also, chadwicks has up to size 16 and they have geat clothes-very stylish. I buy a lot online and truly, Roamans really has some classy dress wear. And they are very reasonable, and don't look cheap. If interested, i can geta link for u, but if u type in roamns, it should comeup. They can express stuff and it can arrive in 3-4 days. Btw, if u find the Lane bryant catalog site, it will have links to chadwicks, roamns and several others.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks Wednesday I have the catalog open and will take a look at it.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((Lee))))))) I hope you are able to find what you are looking for and.... have a wonderful time at your daughter's wedding !!!

• wednesday
    wednesday

http://www.chadwicks.com/chadwicks/layout/layout.asp?dept_id=50&rootdept=1&

here is a link to chadwicks, they are nice, up to size 16.

• mustang
    mustang

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/65053/1.ashx

Sorry to "throw it over the fence" and "cut & run"

I feel that running is more effective than ducking.

Mustang

Metaphors Anonymous Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit