newbie with a cliche post

by jukesjoker 20 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat
    think what me different from the rest is i feel special

Juskesjoker, everybody feels like that when they are in love. Everybody. If you want to live off your feelings the rest of your life, go for it. I guarantee you are in for a bumpy ride. We will be here for you in a few months or years when you post,

think what make me different from the rest is i feel bad, so very bad

Or you can do your own research. Figure out how deep the pool is before you dive. Ask the tough questions of your girl now. I think what make you different than some of the smart guys in love that have posted here, is that you are NOT thinking. You are feeling so beautifully, marvellously in love. Enjoy it while it lasts.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Juke and welcome. I'm suggesting you read this link.

http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm

There are a lot of articles for non-JW's who have friends, relatives, or loved ones involved with the JW's. They also have a message board with an area just for non-JW's to ask questions.

Devon

• jukesjoker
    jukesjoker

thanks ( special thanks to concerned mama and cruzanheart) to all that wrote, most of them seemed to be about my bad grammar, sorry. I was at work and thats about the only chance I could use a computer. To all the people that worte with a link, I have already been there, done that. I know that people fall in love all the time and mine might be the same, but I just feel strange about I can't explain it. What are circuit assemblies? where do they take place? and same questions about district conventions? If a jw lives in a more conservative surroundings say in mountain area as opposed to a big city is she more of a hardcore jw?

• cruzanheart
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Circuit assemblies take place twice a year and are either 1 or 2 days. The district conventions take place once a year in stadiums or arenas in the larger cities.

As for the area of the country and being hardcore, no it doesn't usually make a difference. Whether someone buys into the religion is more about them (or their family if they were born in it), rather than the part of the country they live in.

Realize that she is forbidden to date a non-JW. If she does begin dating you, and she is caught, she will get a stern warning from the body of elders. If she gets caught again, she could be disfellowshipped (excommunicated).

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Jehovah's Witnesses have themselves fairly well organized, as follows:

CONGREGATION: about 80 JW's make up a congregation. They are split into smaller groups for the Book Study, each week, usually up to 15 people, which I spoke about in my first post. The congregation meets together for the regular meetings each week. Elders run the show, with various posts that they rotate, like Presiding Overseer, Secretary, Theocratic Ministry School Overseer, etc.

CIRCUIT: about 6-8 congregations (I think) make up a circuit. There is an elder called a Circuit Overseer, who spends a week with each congregation twice a year. Also twice a year, they have circuit assemblies, where all the congregations in a circuit get together to listen to really boring talks and demonstrations for one or two days, all day. If someone wants to get baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, with the approval of the elders in their congregation they can do it at a circuit assembly.

DISTRICT: about 6-8 circuits make up a district, and there is a District Overseer who supervises the Circuit Overseers and will on occasion visit a congregation for a week (mainly to make sure the C.O. is doing his job). A district convention is held once a year for 3 or 4 days -- again, boring talks and demonstrations allllllll day.

Hope this helps!

Nina

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Nina, thanks for the information. I had always wondered how things were organized. I personally found the term "publisher" extremely puzzling and kept wondering what they had written and where it was published. You know, this JW stuff is very complicated and confusing for non-JWs. You should write a glossery to go with the site. LOL

Jukes, you're welcome. Keep reading and asking questions. You can email me if you want. My address is in my profile. So many have felt that their relationship is different...and for a few it is. If she is wavering or she wants out, it may work. If she is hardcore, not too likely. Remember love is not enough to build a peaceful life together, if you want different things out of life. Try very hard to look at things realistically, and know when it is time to bow out. I have seen the Watchtower cause so many broken hearts.

• Another Guy
    Another Guy

Hey Jukes nice to hear from you again.

I understand how you feel when you say it's different for you, trust me that's excactly how I felt and thats what I kept telling myself to keep faith in our relationship. I allthough am concerned that you may be interested in becoming a JW?

If this is the case I urge you to consider all things I especially urge you to read Crisis of Conscience I know it may take some time but a decision of this caliber deserves careful thought.

I also know the feeling of thinking you can reach these people I mean we see what appears to be obvious errors and wrong teachings but for people under this control it is very hard to explain and show this. It hurts me so much when I want to show this girl simple errors and moral dillemmas which were the reasons I couldn't convert. And still now after 3 weeks of hardly talking to each other I find it hard to tear myself away from her no doubt we both loved each other with all our hearts and still do, But the pressure to comform and be a faithful servent to Jehovah is in most cases stronger than the love one has for another person. There is no doubt that they will not consider leaving their religion unless they allready have some doubt's allready.

I wish you all the best in the endeavor for this girls heart and I know no matter what anyone tells you are still going to try to win her over. Good luck and may the Lord guide you on this endeavor.

• jukesjoker
    jukesjoker

Well i have done research on the net, but they all seemed liked textbook answers, they way the describe things. I say that because i have also read the personal stories on the web and they dont match with what is describe, not saying it is 100 % false just some of it. I have also read Diane Wilson's book Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness. Which is good, but not what i was looking for, so do i really need to read Ray Franz book? I think I will probably. I just want to know some incite into a young jw life male of female life, no textbook answers, real answers from people who know. Some stories of how they wished they had a chance to do something but couldnt, something like that.

• Another Guy
    Another Guy

Raymond Franz's book is of the experiences of a member(Raymond Franz) of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witness it explains situations that he went through and how the governing body is run and how all the decisions are made for how jw's will live there life. It doesn't really explain the life of a young jw but it does tell of cases where the rules and so on decided by the governing body affect so many peoples lives. There is some WT literature about what is expected of you when growing up as a jw I think ConcernedMama might actually have it, but i'll search around on my computer for it. I think it comes off the WT library cd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit