one day convention

by zeb 14 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Well my wife is off to a one day convention and will doubtless return home cranky and tired.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Cranky and tired? Isn't she supposed to return spiritually fortified or something like that?

• a watcher
    a watcher

Well, how about having a nice dinner waiting for her when she gets home to help her feel better?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Hey hey ahem BACK IN Nehemiah's day all would STAND all day including toddlers!! ( that actually was the original template) Makes me shudder to think, after literally driving across the country 8 days Morning afternoon and evening sessions, Unbelievable, had to be bussed back forth from New Jersey, and what was the point again? Ugh

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes but it will be the BEST ONE DAY ASSEMBLY EVER!

#bestliveever

• prologos
    prologos
    tp: "8 days Morning afternoon and evening sessions,

but you could take a stroll between Yankee stadium and the Polo grounds, in the noon break, in 1958!

ttdtt; the best ever ------ p: convention for me was when I met my wife! --one day of convention at a time.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

These one day convention make as much sense as pouring coffee in my ear. I mean really, gunna drive 3 hours there, spend 4-10 hours 'studying and listening', and drive 3 hours back.

People are drones that are going to go down with the ship. Open your eyes people and speak your own opinion. The GB is only your god if you let them be.

• millie210
    millie210

zeb
    Well my wife is off to a one day convention and will doubtless return home cranky and tired.

Or maybe there will be the JW version of "nu lite" and she will be tired and cranky instead!

• zeb
    zeb

to watcher; A fair suggestion. I suggested I take her out for dinner but she said no.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Your own opinion

Hey alostpuppydog,

The above words are great blasphemy among the Jehovah's Witnesses,

You must repent!

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit