Female JW parking "attendants"

by neat blue dog 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I was shocked recently to see on social media a couple pictures of JW sisters at a convention working as parking "attendants". I put that title in quotation marks because they still don't get the official attendant badge like the male parking attendants do, only the reflective vest. Has anybody else heard of this . . . Or for that matter has anybody heard of women being used for other typically male-only jobs even when brothers are present?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They were doing it in virgina for the past 3 or 4 years. The women folk were helping with drop offs mostly. Sad times for the org when the men figure out that extra work is just extra work.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It's ridiculous they don't get the attendant badge if that's what they're doing. What's the 'scriptural precident' for that? Unless all it is is a badge of honor for pathetic JW males. 🤔

• Tech49
    Tech49

Yes, at our convention this year, sisters were being used as helpers/attendants at the entry area and the drop off. However, they did not have an official title, and were instructed that they would not receive or be able to use any type of badging or lanyard to designate them as "official" in any capacity.

• zeb
    zeb

Ah the endless legalistic wt thinking. 'any type of badging or lanyard'

My initial reaction to this thread was 'they would probably do a better job'

• waton
    waton

why not? , if Hugh Hefner can do it. but for wt that's hughe.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    My initial reaction to this thread was 'they would probably do a better job'

My reaction, for years, is that its a totally unnecessary job. People park every day without someone pointing... its amazing

• Spiral
    Spiral

My reaction, for years, is that its a totally unnecessary job. People park every day without someone pointing... its amazing

Yes, or even with four brothers pointing every ten feet...... that always irritated me......

Anyway, I have heard recently of sisters being "allowed" to do menial work (not enough attendants) BUT ONLY IF THERE'S A BROTHER CLOSE BY TO SUPERVISE.

Seriously? Yes, because, we're just dumb women after all.

When I heard that I thought, even if I was still in, I wouldn't volunteer for that.

• careful
    careful

Yes, or even with four brothers pointing every ten feet...... that always irritated me......

Yes, but in this way you are reminded of their C-O-N-T-R-O-L.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

In a leaked video uploaded to YouTube by Lloyd Evans ("John Cedars") the organization instructs attendants that they can use women to help individuals in and out of their vehicles, I believe, but that these female helpers can't tell anyone what to do.... I wish I was kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit