Why do they post, "I'm leaving!" Topics?

by Maverick 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

When I log on I scan the "Active Topics" first. Check out who's posting what. When I see an "I'm leaving!" topic I check it out to see who has what issues! I don't get too far with these topic cause they are just too pathetic! Why do people do this? Do they want us to talk them out of leaving? Most times they are people I'm glad to see leave! Sometime not though. There have been a few who I really liked but got hurt by the rough and tumble nature of the real world. But even these ones were blunt or harsh themselves but could not take the counter blows! When I'm done there I'll be focused somewhere else and would not even realize it for a while I'm sure. This slaming the door on the way out is just childish! OK, OK, I'm over this now. ...being calm....breathe in...breathe out! Maverick

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I've wondered this myself at times.

Maybe it is so that they can be 'talked out of leaving'.

Maybe it's childish, maybe it's not. Maybe it's all due to not having anyone else seem to care all their lives. Most people here have lost their family, lost their friends and may feel they're not needed at all in this world. So I say give them the benefit of the doubt and if you do care, then play the game and tell them so. If you don't care, then don't care :)

Rev

• wednesday
    wednesday

U hit the nail on the head, Rev. Hoping someone will care enough to respond and say don't leave. If even one person cares, it is enough. It is sad what the WTS has done to us.

• Maverick
    Maverick

That's a good point. Seems sad that people have to come here to get some validation, but after seeing the truth about "the truth" they may have few places to turn. Maverick

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't mind the ones who just feel as though it is time to move on.

The ones who bug me are the ones who are complaining, and act like their leaving the site is a slap in the face to us. That, is childish. I just roll my eyes, and on to the next post.

• sf
    sf
    It is sad what the WTS has done to us.

Exactly. And will continue to do so as long as ALLOWED.

Each day the WTBTS is ALLOWED to do these damaging and destructive dynamics.

And no one is racing to stop them anytime soon!!

So what in the hell can be expected anyway??

sKally

• avishai
    avishai

Sometimes it's also a heads up so we won't worry. I wish OUTLAW would've left a post like that! Dammit outlaw!!!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

*slams the door*

*opens door, peeks around to see who was watching*

you mean that kind of thing?

• shera
    shera

Some people just need to know,someone cares.

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

People do this because they want attention. They want those who, they feel are supporters of them, to scream out that they should not leave. Especially useful are comments like these in the follow-ups ...

"See how far this has gotten, even the long time members and people who really need this site are leaving."

... often, more then not, the people leave the board for a day or two and come back. Actually, in all of my experience with several types of message boards. I have always found these threads to be the most humor and I laugh at the poster more then they would ever like to know. I think it is so foolish and stupid, as in all cases "NONE OF US ARE REALLY HERE." We are at home in front of a computer, and our life should be away from that computer. When you have to take the step of saying, "I am leaving the message board." You are really showing how sad your life has become to be to the point that your life is the message board or one of your key support systems.

While I post, hardly ever, I read a lot of the former Witness boards from time to time. This seems to be a common thread or topic on them all. Maybe it is the way of saying, "I have disassociated myself." Who knows, but if this post insulted you ... LOL. Get a life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit