It's OK to be an Apostate ... but only if you're on the Governing Body

by Simon 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Look at the governing body. None of them believe now what the WTS believed back when they were born and later baptized.

So why aren't they disfellowshipped for Apostasy?

Simple - because the true beliefs are always taken to mean whatever they currently consider them to be.

Think about it - they can never be Apostates because whatever they decide to believe becomes "the truth" and anyone not believing it is then guilty of apostasy, even if they believe things the WTS has taught them all their lives.

If you do believe in the bible and Jesus story, do you think this is what he intended? Is that how truth works? Can you see any problem with this setup?

Every time they come up with "new light" they are really being apostates and abandoning "the truth" as everyone believed it. Yet they are never held to account for changing the doctrine or beliefs or what is considered "the truth" and anyone who doesn't change fast enough with them or already believed something ahead of them is kicked to the curb.

Steve Jobs didn't even have a reality distortion field that powerful.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

they may be more apostate than anyone considering, they 'spread' the new ideas, and want followers to believe what they say,

whereas most x jw's just leave, present no 'teachings' , dont want people to follow after them, and just want to have a lively discussion sometimes about thoughts on scripture.

An original biblical apostate, I thought, was only one who left Israel? or the mosaic law? whatever it meant at that time, does not app;y to JWs at all. imo.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Simon

The ending to this arrangement is, if you want to be a part of this organization you have to be faithfully devoted to the organization rather than Jesus Christ and his Gospel as he instructed his true followers should be.

This organization was always inherently involved in apostasy to the bible and disobedient to God (Jehovah)

Most of that inherent apostasy was created by the organization's literature proliferation agenda.

Exploiting the Gospel for commercial reasons by using coercive tactics, as well designing their own designated public sales representatives.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

All the fail dates for the end time, if that is not some Apostate stuff I

don't know what is.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Unfortunately they take it one step further and preach all current teachings as "truth from God" to the whole world.

The only problem is that truth never changes.

Belief is not the same as truth.

Sincerity is not the same as truth.

Faith is not the same as truth.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree wholeheartedly. JW doctrine changes with the whims and desires of whoever is in power. If Fred Franz were still alive, I think JW doctrine would be different from what is now, but if it's truth, it wouldn't be dependent on who's in power.

true beliefs are always taken to mean whatever they currently consider them to be.

I think it was Albert Schroeder who used to refer to "current truth".

• Simon
    Simon
    they may be more apostate than anyone considering, they 'spread' the new ideas, and want followers to believe what they say,

definitely. The definition of "apostate" isn't someone who just leaves. They fit it better because they want to change the beliefs and have other people follow their new "truth"

• prologos
    prologos
    and between flashes of "new light" they must be hatching and harbouring apostate ideas, in itself a possible disfellowshipping offence. Why called "flashes of light"?, because of their short duration.
  • TheMark
    TheMark

Guardians of the Apostacy

• Athanasius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit