Cannabis & priestly anointing oil ?

by El blanko 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

very bizarre, I don't act like I'm a prophet when stoned, just like a friggin hippy

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

John allegro's book (among others) The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, connects the word to a hallucinogenic mushroom. While his etomology in this case might be subjective his overall thesis has merit and i taken seriously. Use of such plant drugs was standard for cults from antiquity thru Xtian times. remember the Wt even correctly associated the word Spiritism with druggery. However they failed to recognise that these drugs were regarded as mystical doors to enlightenment and communion with the divine. And used universally for this purpose. So inseparable was the mushroom from the mystery cults that the godmen were in some respects a personification OF the mushroom. In this light Allegro has aptly argued that jesus (or a persona that was later associated with the name) was in fact originally an embodied mystical mushroom. Don't laugh till you've read the evidence. it's not as loopy as it it seems.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Yep, interesting area of study.

I used to use Cannabis myself up until fairly recently and stopped for respect of my God given body and also for the reason that I didn't want to deal with the anti-social types I was buying from.

I found it useful for stress relief and basic observation of life. But I found that it strips the conscience away when stoned and leads to paranoia with extended & extensive use.

It is interesting to note that up until around 1937 it was used as a medicine. I think it may have it's beneficial uses, if refined and used correctly. It is definetly a fantastic pain killer!

I am not sure that the substance used within the anointing oil was in fact drawn from a strain of the Cannabis plant (who knows for sure?). This argument would be presented more often IMO and appears to be simply the witterings of fringe groups desperate for orthodoxy to give the nod of approval.

• Sargon
    Sargon
    Marihuana is no more dangerous than alcohol.

Actually Faraon, It's far less harmful that alcohol. i've never seen anybody lose their mind smoking weed the way they do drinking whiskey.

I used to use Cannabis myself up until fairly recently and stopped for respect of my God given body and also for the reason that I didn't want to deal with the anti-social types I was buying from

Better solution, El Blanko; grow your own and you don't gotta deal with the riff-raff. As far as Cannabis being harmful to one's body, I'm not aware of any studies proving this (and if I was I wouldn't give a rats-ass anyway). If you're worried about the smoke being carcinogenic, try eating it. The only harm I've ever expeinced from weed is to wake up and find all my cupboards and refrigerator empty.

very bizarre, I don't act like I'm a prophet when stoned, just like a friggin hippy

STL, try buying better smoke or mixing it with hash or opium, the results can be amazing.

• El blanko
    El blanko

I understand SARGON - your point of view. I did consider growing my own at one stage, but I have suffered from depression on and off through my life (quite bad at times) and found Cannabis useful for escapism. But .... (there had to be a but of course) .... in the long term, some of the issues I was running away from were the route cause of my depression and as hard as it has been for me, I have a determination to take back control/responsibility and assert my faith in place of the drug.

(and if I was I wouldn't give a rats-ass anyway)

Well, I care more for my body than to take that onboard. Sorry

I used to make tea out of the stuff, but started to get really bad headaches the morning after, plus severe lethargy and figured that the side effects were stunting my vitality. So, a 'physical' side effect to the usage.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Sargon,

Marihuana is no more dangerous than alcohol.

Actually Faraon, It's far less harmful that alcohol. i've never seen anybody lose their mind smoking weed the way they do drinking whiskey.

IMO being no more dangerous than alcohol means that at the highest danger extreme it will be equal to alcohol.

The reason that I said that marihuana did not agree with me was that the few times that I smoked it, I felt time disoriented, and would forget whether I had already said something or not. It did give me a feeling of general well being though. The last time I smoked it. I felt that my body did not respond. I was aware of what was happening around me, but I just could not get up from my chair. The previous time to that I started to get paranoid thoughts. I decided it was not for me, and stopped it. That was over 25 years ago.

On the other hand, I could drink like a Cossack. Sometimes drinking two quarts of tequila per day for two or three days, with the only side effect of verbal diarrhea (talking too much) taking place. I Never had fights or arguments, even with combative drunks. I had drinking very much under control and would always stop at my predetermined limit whether it was two drinks, twelve, or stopping at a certain time.

To each his own, I guess.

Faraon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit