Just overheard this after meeting . . .

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The annual meeting just finished, and here's a conversation I overheard from two gushing JWs:

Sister:

They said we're so close!

Brother:

Well if the Governing Body says it, it must be true.

I'm this close to pulling my hair out. 😫

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Isn't that the standard conversation after annual meetings and District Assemblies?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was told this in 1991 when that infamous watchtower that was corrected for bound volumes said the end would be before the end of the century. Same old same old rinse repeat and drink the cool aid

• Alfred
    Alfred

Stillajwexelder... wasn't that a 1989 WT ?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Pretty sure it was 1969, the infamous “soon to be completed in this 20th century” quotethat was later changed

• jp1692
    jp1692

Go back to Charles Taze Russell in 1879.

• compound complex
    compound complex

January, 1989

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" [as originally published in the Watchtower magazine]).

Rewritten

"The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" [as it appears in Watchtower bound volumes & CD-ROMs])

[bold added]

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/40630/changes-watchtower-literature -- Frank Raven

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So sad to see so many people get brainwashed into a state of cognitive disillusionment from reality but then again that was the WTS's intent to get its literature circulated and distributed, the key word being EXPLOITATION.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

There you have it. 1989, for the win

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I guess some things haven't changed since 1989 when I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit