JW stopped me in the street.....

by Phizzy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

From what I've heard, they have the words for the song played on their screens. Apparently, it's to encourage them to sing more heartily.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Perry says: "A recently faded ex-JW told me recently that I would not even recognize the meetings if I were to go back to visit now."

For those of you who haven't been to a JW meeting in several years:

1) 95% of JWs no longer bring there Bibles to meetings. Most attendees have electronic devices to look up Bible verses and related publications. Even toddlers and children have there own electronic devices.

2) 95% of JWs no longer bring there song books. Lyrics to songs are displayed on big screens.

3) 95% of Elders and ministerial servants go to meetings without book bags. Meeting bags are for the most part left at home. Watchtower study magazines, Kingdom Ministries and Book Study Materials...you guessed it, gone by way of the dinosaur...hard paper copies replaced by electronic devices.

4) Brother reading from the stage for Watchtower Study or Book Study no longer reads from hard copy...but rather reads from electronic devices. It's not uncommon for his electronic device to sometimes fail for whatever reason.

5) Everyone will be pleased to know though that you'll still find toilet paper in the restrooms in case you gotta go! :-) :-)

On a more serious note...it's sad that for the most part JW toddlers and young children won't know how to handle a Bible in hard copy form as they mature.

• Perry
    Perry

Wow, that's a totally different beast !

• belogical
    belogical

Listener said

From what I've heard, they have the words for the song played on their screens. Apparently, it's to encourage them to sing more heartily.

But they haven't managed to get the bouncy ball thingie going yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit