converting to catholic

by SloppyMcFloppy 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• SloppyMcFloppy
    SloppyMcFloppy
    Hello i was wondering if any ex jw have converted to catholic? I have been tossing the idea around a bit and wondering if it was woth it from personal experience? Thoughts?
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

There was an xjw poster here who converted to catholicism. I remembering him talking about his faith and his conversion experience. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name now.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

btw - Welcome to JWN! It's nice to have you join us.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• ihunt
    ihunt

Hello,

The members of this forum hold a wide variety of beliefs, and you'll likely get a wide variety of answers to your question from them. The one thing we all have in common, however, are our experiences in a high-control religion and the struggle to make independent religious decisions. It seems strange to me that a person would exit an environment such as the wtbts and then continue rely on other people for information about religion and spirituality. What about Catholicism do you find appealing?

• AudeSapere
  • Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness
    If you feel Catholicism brings you closer to God and helps you more closely follow the Christ, then follow what you feel is right. Only don't fall into the trap again that you've found the one true religion. What you've found is what's right for YOU.
  • paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

My mother was raised Catholic, converted and was baptized into the Watchtower as an adult, then left the Witnesses after 30 years and returned to the Catholic Church. She spent the last 20 years as a Catholic. She so regretted ever becoming a JW.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I don't about any conversion to being a Catholic but I do know that the PopeMobile has had the exhaust system fitted with a Catholic Converter.

I thank you. I'm here all week. Tell your friends and don't forget to buy my DVD on the way out.

Welcome sloppymcfloppy btw!

• smiddy
    smiddy

SloppyMcFloppy ,

If your going to make a decision whether to join a religion or not on what other peoples experiences are , then I pity you.

If you are happy to jump from the frying pan into the fire , then by all means go for it .

If you are not intellectually lazy , I would advise you stick around this site and learn a lot more about religion and it`s consequences both pro and con. Using the search option can be quite informative.

By the way , I see you are a newcomer here ,and I apologize if I have offended you in anyway .

And I sincerely welcome you to this board. , I hope you stick around.and let us know more about you.

Have a nice day

smiddy

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Why join anything? Have you entertained the possibility that all religion might be bullshit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit