Signing Away Your Hard Earned Cash

by Disassociated Lady 2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah is supposed to be the Almighty God Creator of Heaven and Earth and no less the Universe ? Right ?

A watchtower once said he is the ultimate chemist that figures he created the Universe.

So for the love of me I cannot see why Jehovah God want`s YOUR hard earned money that you need to survive and exist in this world

he has permitted and actually supports.Rom.13:1-7

and how does that scripture compare with 2 : cor.4;4 And lets not forget Matt.4:8 to provide the 3 witness rule.

The bottom line is why would the Almighty God ,the Creator of the Universe need YOUR MONEY to accomplish his purpose ?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Disassociated Lady 2: Take a look at the lower part of the page on this link, its awful!

FYI I believe that that BOX, with just slight variations, has appeared in the Watchtower magazine annually since around 1984.

Here's a list of the magazines it has been in from the last 15 years - along with the associated article titles:

• Watchtower November 2017: “The Generous Person Will Be Blessed”
    • Watchtower November 2016: "The Work Is Great"
    • Watchtower November 15, 2015: Show Appreciation for Jehovah’s Generosity
    • Watchtower December 15, 2014: Jehovah Richly Blesses a Willing Spirit
    • Watchtower November 15, 2013: How We Can Help to Meet the Needs of Others
    • Watchtower November 15, 2012: Their Surplus Offset a Deficiency
    • Watchtower November 15, 2011: Do You Find Joy in "the Privilege of Kindly Giving"?
    • Watchtower November 15, 2010: 'Let Us Present Jehovah's Offering'
    • Watchtower November 15, 2009: Cheerful Giving From the Heart
    • Watchtower November 15, 2008: Serving God With “One Heart and Soul"
    • Watchtower November 1, 2007: "The Silver Is Mine, and the Gold Is Mine"
    • Watchtower November 1, 2006: Unitedly Building to Praise God
    • Watchtower November 1, 2005: Contributions That Warm God's Heart
    • Watchtower November 1, 2004: Do You Know the Happiness That Comes From Giving?
    • Watchtower November 1, 2003: Cultivate a Giving Spirit

See also https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5733617122672640/_post/5106731212341248

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't care how many ways I can donate to the washtowel. I care about whether or not they deserve it. And, if they don't deserve it, it doesn't matter how many ways I could come up with to donate more--they aren't getting any.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I was surprised to see one of their bullet points was a Rewards Program!. Upon clicking on it , it was for those with a lot of frequent flyer points or other rewards program to convert them to cards and send them in. This just seems so bottom of the barrel begging, but must be a way for paycheck to paycheck people to find some way to give it all away so they can slip into paradise.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Betheliesalot: I was surprised to see one of their bullet points was a Rewards Program!

Why not?- there's a lot of unused 'loyalty points' about....

Canadians hoarding $16B worth of unused loyalty points

CBC News, Thursday, May 25, 2017

Many signing up for multiple rewards programs but not using them to full advantage

Canadians are signing up for an average of 12 loyalty programs, but they're not actively using them all and reaping the rewards, says a new study.

We all love free stuff, so it's no surprise that Canadians are pledging allegiance to a growing number of loyalty programs. However, many of us are not bothering to cash in on our rewards.

A new report from Bond Brand Loyalty estimates that collectors are sitting on a whopping $16 billion worth of unused rewards points — that works out to a value of $629 per collector.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/loyalty-program-rewards-1.4129867

See also https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/12/27/charity-donations-credit-card-points-miles-cash-back/95616266/

• tor1500
    tor1500

HI,

As most of you know I haven't been a witness for too long, but I remember from the stage how many of the Brothers would give a talk and mention how the churches are installing ATM machines & how they are like the story of the money exchangers that Jesus threw out of the church. & See how greedy christiandom is...blah blah blah....now look whose calling the kettle black, remember when the org. talked about the Catholic churches with child molestation....JW land is always pointing judgmental fingers at others...but they were the ones that said if you point a finger at someone, how many fingers are pointing back at you ?

The more the ORG. accuses other religions, it's just a matter of time that the org. is guilty of the same thing.

They are begging just like other religions, it's how they package the message that the average JW accepts...they have no idea of how the org. really makes their money....flipping real estate...

Tor

• dbq407
    dbq407

My wife went to the meeting Tuesday night and said the whole local needs was on donating. They accept cash, check, credit, debit, wills, inheritance, land, stocks etc. If its worth something, they want it. You can set up recurring donations if you don't want the hassle to remember to donate. The video showed kids dropping in their money and they even gave a tutorial on how to use the website to donate. And to top it all off the WT has a hotline you can call if you have any questions on how to donate!!

Last time i checked the WT doesn't have a hotline to call about questions regarding the society or to answer bible questions.

Greedy pigs is all they are.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

the WT has a hotline you can call if you have any questions on how to donate!!

Last time i checked the WT doesn't have a hotline to call about questions regarding the society or to answer bible questions.

I thought that was worth repeating dbq407

• flipper
    flipper

Dissassociated Lady- Thanks for the thread and the link. It's disgusting all the ways that the WT Society begs for money out of it's JW members. WT leaders have no conscience whatsoever

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has always been a commercialized fraud and if you think Jehovah has any connection to this organization you really need to read the bible.

Particularly read up on false prophets and what the bible says when you come upon them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit