Is time moving faster?

by Fisherman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

The older I get....

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Our opinions don't matter. Only "facts" matter. What does the Bible say? Surely there's a legal case somewhere we can quote partially from that will set us straight. As I've learned from the OP and his buddy, that's all that matters, lol.

Time doesn't move faster, only our perception of it.

Cold Steel, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope that I can learn what it takes to live those last 20 years with as much dignity and joy as possible. Of course, I'm sure Armageddon will be here by then and wipe me out as the dirty apostate that I am, along with everyone in this thread, so we won't have to worry about it.

• blondie
    blondie

It depends, time moved slooooooooooow at a meeting but fast at a movie I loved.

• waton
    waton

It depends, time moved slooooooooooow at a meeting but fast at a movie I loved.

Even for Jehovah this appears to be the case (according to the talking snake story"

Peter: "-- One day is like a thousand year, and a thousand year like a day. so: Time perception for the mythical god is slowed or sped up too.

when it come to bringing on the wt end, it seems to be mostly slowing, draging on....

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is a natural phenomena: the older we get, the faster time subjectively goes for us. I remember when I was a kid an hour seemed like a long time. Now whole weeks can go by in the blink of an eye.

Time is also relative depending of the frame of reference. A beam of light emitted from a star 13 billion years ago traveling 13 billion lightyears experiences no passage of time or space between emission and absorption. 13 billion years is not even a moment for something traveling at the speed of light.

Nobody has really been able to effectively answer the question: what is time?

It seems beyond human understanding.

Learning to mindfully dwell in awareness of the present moment, rather than the past, or the future, is a challenge, but on the occasion Iā€™m able to helps eliminate stress and anxiety.

ā€œThe present moment is the only moment available to us and it is the door to all other moments.ā€

• waton
    waton
    A beam of light emitted from a star 13 billion years ago traveling 13 billion lightyears experiences no passage of time or space between emission and absorption. 13 billion years is not even a moment for something traveling at the speed of light. L111:

It must experience space, since it has stretched in wavelength, longer into the red during it's travel, space has expanded, and light must knows that. . but it has not moved through time,

the faster you go through space , the slower you move through time.

James 1:17 is relevant, the possible creator is said to not see a variation in time either,( or the diurnal, monthly, yearly time-dependant changing of the shadow) so he could be eternal in the past and already in the future, into which we yet have to move.

• waton
    waton
    A beam of light emitted from a star 13 billion years ago traveling 13 billion lightyears experiences no passage of time or space Londo 111

that "no "space" comment is true, and profound, as the forward dimension has shrunk to 0. so, riding a light beam like Einstein imagined would be an out of this world experience. and fit into the picture of the universe expanding out from the big bang moment, point in time into the endless time.

time is fundamental, it must have always existed, does not move. we do. for a while.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

Yes, I agree with you that time seems to be moving faster. I have read all the explanations given and the reason people give is it only "seems" that way because we are older.

Do you think there is some kind of divine manipulation going on?? Is that what you are getting at? If that were the case, then we are all being cheated out of time!

• waton
    waton

moving from the past into the future through time has profound effects on our delicate organism, particularly : the most complex: our brains. No wonder we are alarmed about this change that ultimately will lead to cessation of consciousness.

Your brain's aging internal clock has "missing numerals" that will give the perception, of having less than 24 hours in your day, ( because the clock has less "numerals" through die-off.) while your teenage grandson seems to want to pile endless events into the never ending expanse before him. Perception of your flow through time is highly subjective, not the same at all for all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit