Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-18-04 WT Study

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank you blondie!

God loves a cheerful giver! Of coarse that only applies to the flock and not the WTS. They "handle" your gifts to God. I guess His hands are full right now so the WTS look after all His stuff for Him! How nice of them!

The load gets heavier and higher, but the Governing Body takes no notice, and their dupes aren't telling.

Well, I am thankful, thankful to Simon and all of you for giving me a place to see the truth! The WTS Masters are shameless liars and con-men. And they have no moral trepidation about stealing the last breath from and old faithful sisters dying lips! Maverick

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Great job blondie, as usual.

I too am sick to death of the constantly being called servants of Jehovah. Is it any wonder many do not consider us Christian, when we are constantly connected with a god that some consider a holdover from the canaanites???

How about this doublethink:

It is not the amount we contribute that reflects our gratitude to Jehovah.
    What we give in our ministry depends much on the depth of appreciation in our hearts for what Jehovah has done, is doing, and will yet do for us.

and yet more:

What makes our service acceptable to Jehovah is determined, not by the amount that we do, but by the way we do it--joyfully and wholeheartedly.

Wow. If any are not confused by the wandering in those three statements, tell me how. First, it is not the amount; what is it then??

Then our heart condition determines how much we do; in other words, little or no service time=bad heart.

And finally, even if we do a lot, if we are not joyful and "wholehearted" (lots and lots, in other words) it does not count.

Please SHOOT ME.

• sf
    sf

blondie, I could pull it off easily. I've got the clothes that would divert attention. I've got the litter-ature to stuff the cool bookbag I have and I'm a prime target physically.

Let me know. I'm serious as a heart attack. I want to be at that study.

sKally, DO MORE KLASS...LOLOLOLOL, seriously

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Great job again Blondie.

Wasn't there a statement from Russell that said:

"The day we have to beg for money in our mag is the day we gotta close up shop!"

What happened to that bold statement?

The WTS is trying to get blood from a turnip.

R&F JW's are spent.

Spent physically, mentally, emotionally; and with their janitorial jobs, certainly spent financially.

somethings gotta give one would think if the WTS keeps tightening the screws to these poor, mind-controlled saps.

• blondie
    blondie
    You take care moving that bucket to the toilet when you've grown tired of the stench.

95, I find sitting close to the toilet can cut out the bucket step. I feel such pity for those that have to sit through this every Sunday and be hit over the head with a dead fish.

Elsewhere

, how droll,
    Show Yourselves Thankful.... and SEND ME YO' MOOOOOOONEY!!!!

If only they had gotten to the point as quickly. Everyone could have gone home early.

Undercover,

I can think of two scriptures that the WTS likes to use to prove that they "have to" preach and one scripture about attending meetings. Any others? The reason I ask is, if the God(thru the Bible) doesn't make too big a deal out of it, why does the WTS? (outside the obvious answer, "they need your money and devotion")

It is all control, control, control. They control your time, your money, your mind.

Elsewhere, you get a G for emphasis

DO MORE!
    DO MORE!
    DO MORE!

Hadenuf, hi, and I have neglected you and hubby,

And how does the writer of this article know that in every single congregation in the world these qualities are displayed by every single person who attends those congregations? The writer probably has been cacooned (is that a word?) at Bethel for most of his life and doesn't know a hell (oops, sorry) of a lot about the REAL way congregations operate.

Believe it is no loving paradise at Bethel either. I heard about a sister who worked in engineering as a secretary at WT Farms. Her husband also worked as there as an electrician. They were in their late 40?s, raised in the truth, married 30 years, had 3 grown sons. One day a career Bethelite who supervised the area, screamed and reamed her out in front of the rest of the staff, something he had done to other staff for some time. She burst into tears, ran to her room and called her husband. Then there were words, I guess. Her husband told the WT Farm staff that unless this brother apologized to his wife in front of the office staff, that he was taking his tools and going home and they could find someone else to set up their multi-million dollar printers. The other brother had to apologize. It was my first documented experience of the lack of love and consideration at Bethel.

Hey Odrade,

wonder how much revenue this latest article generated at the KH?

I have seen this backfire on them. After a special needs talk on donating to the KH, the third in 3 months, an older sister who rode with me commented, "where did Jesus hound his disciples for money." She handed me $50 and told me to spend it on whatever I wanted. No money for the WTS that month.

Maverick,

God loves a cheerful giver! Of coarse that only applies to the flock and not the WTS.

Yes, but the elders can help the poor and elderly fill out their welfare forms and send them in so that congregation so the government can give cheerfully.

Pistoff,

I think you?ve got it. (My Fair Lady)

Then our heart condition determines how much we do; in other words, little or no service time=bad heart.

Are you still having to sit through these? Here?s a kiss on the cheek for your endurance.

Sf,

The first article of the 12-15-03 WT starts this coming Sunday 1-25. Check your local times. Remember, now, no commenting out of turn and be careful repeating anything in my review. Most WT conductors lack a sense of humor. It is surgically removed upon appointment.

I can remember someone?s Bible student/relative visiting one Sunday and every time the conductor or commenter would say something they agreed with, it would be "Right on brother" or "Right on sister." It sure livened up an otherwise boring meeting. I even neglected my anagrams that day.

Winston/Paul,Isn?t it nice to know you are free at last?

The WTS is trying to get blood from a turnip.

Actually, the JWs in the US are quite a selfish lot. I can remember a visiting African brother was amazed at the opulence of the US KHs. The cost of the chairs in one US KH could have built 100 KHs in Africa.

Proclaimers Book chap. 26 pp. 577-578 Producing Bible Literature for Use in the Ministry

Brother Rutherford instructed C. A. Wise, the Society?s vice president, to go to Brooklyn to see about reopening Bethel and renting premises where the Society could begin printing operations. Desirous of knowing what course God would bless, Brother Rutherford said: "Go and see whether it is the Lord?s will for us to return back to Brooklyn."

"How will I determine as to whether it is the Lord?s will for us to go back or not?" asked Brother Wise.

"It was a failure to get coal supplies in 1918 that drove us from Brooklyn back to Pittsburgh," Brother Rutherford replied. "Let?s make coal the test. You go and order some coal."

"How many tons do you think I should order to make the test?"

"Well, make it a good test," Brother Rutherford recommended. "Order 500 tons."

That is exactly what Brother Wise did. And what was the outcome? When he applied to the authorities, he was granted a certificate to get 500 tons of coal?enough to care for their needs for a number of years! But where were they going to put it? Large sections of the basement of the Bethel Home were converted into coal storage.

The result of this test was taken as an unmistakable indication of God?s will. By the first of October 1919, they were once again beginning to carry on their activity from Brooklyn. Blonde

• gumby
    gumby

What a contrast this is to the selfishness that prevails among many ?who do not know Jehovah and who do not obey the good news?! (2 Thessalonians 1:8) We live in a thankless world.

Shame on these thankless ones who didn't listen to the bullshit the witnesses told them that they didn't listen to!.Shame on them! May Jehovah strike them dead!

Gumby

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Hey. I'm interested in going to Kingdumb Hellhole

ROFL! Good one.

Anyway, excellent work Blondie. I too noticed that they frequently leave Jesus out of the equation, yet they purport to be the one and only Christian group on the earth. I also agree about the absurdity of arguing that other major religions have no religious background whatsoever, especially considering many religions share the same doctrines. I found that particularly strange when I started studying with the JWs. The book they use for their initian process is none other than "What Does God The WTS Require of Us?" Funny how my teacher insisted we cover every chapter, even though I was familiar with much of the material.

• SM62
    SM62

When shown the description of the fruitage of God?s spirit and upon being invited to the local Kingdom Hall, to see evidence of this for themselves, MANY QUICKLY acknowledge: "God is really among you." (1 Corinthians 14:25)(S)

I read this piece last night (sorry - can't change the font colour!) because my husband deliberately left the magazine open on this article on my pillow. The above statement annoyed me - I really don't see this at my KH - or at any of the KHs I've visited. I hate this attitude they have, as if they have the monopoly on being good and kind. It is really silly and I think it's about time they stopped spouting such silliness. If I was still an active JW, I would find this nauseating to say the least.

Terri

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

$$$$$$$$ Give more $$$$$$$$$$$$$

lets compare the account report from Dec and Jan with each other and see if the pub listened to what the WT is saying.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Blondie, I found a Botchtower last night where I was working. It was the one you reviewed. I couldn't help think of that big wad of cash that young sister was throwing(away) into the contribution box. What happened to two small coins of little value? Couldn't they find a widow? Jesus said "you'll always have the poor", you just won't find them in New York. Thanks for your review.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit