Is the rank and file aware of the serious dilema the WTS is facing?

by fearnotruth22 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• integ
    integ
    They're trying to keep the R&F in the dark about it, and the ones who notice this don't like it.

Yes. They are hoping the UN thing will just blow over. And, sadly, I'm afraid it might. Not with us, but for the great majority of the rank and file. I wish I could be more optimistic. But (forgive me for saying this) most of the dubs are a bunch of freaking idiots.

Integ.

• metatron
    metatron

I've made these points before :

Do not buy into environmental extremism. It's utter nonsense.

Does the world have problems? Yes Are they unsolvable? Absolutely not!

Wild birds gather outside my house at a feeder - "Silent Spring" didn't kill them off.

Industrialization has created an enormous increase in land going back to nature - unplowed, unused - because

farming is so much more efficient and very few people are involved in agriculture. Most of New York state, for

example, is uninhabited forest - not cities.

Anti-pollution laws have been successful in countless areas. If you want to see destruction of the land and water,

go to the undeveloped Third world.

Nuclear tensions between the superpowers has fallen off dramatically - along with numbers of missiles.

Even with the unthinkable, consider that Japan survived mass bombing and two atomic bombs - to

become the powerhouse it is today. Small doses of radiation can actually increase immunity.

Nothing that man has done EVEN BEGINS TO COMPARE with the destruction wrought by God/Nature

on this planet. Stray asteroids, rogue comets, dead dinosaurs, - earth just soldiers on.

metatron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gopher said Is the rank-and-file aware that something's just not right with their organization? When I was a JW I had occasional doubts about doctrine, and sometimes winced when I saw hypocrisy. But I suppressed those doubts. I think a lot of JW's are "resigned" to a life of quiet desperation within the organization. They're told they should be joyful, and when they aren't they feel it's their own fault. They're told that they should feel happy after meetings and service, and if they WHEN don't they blame themselves.

Which leads to depression and feeling low --but because it is Jahs organization they feel they should not feel that way -- so they blame themselves which leads to depression --it is a vicious circle - -that is one reason why mental illness rates are high amongst the WTBTS

• Flash
    Flash

"IM sure that some spiritual bros that fear no truth lurk this board. And elders, as shepperds of the flock can come to this board, read apostate material, and even talk to df ones. You would be surpised how many elders, and high ranking jws, "spiritual" as the adjetive describes, dont swallow all fds food at the proper time, and have views of their own but are still "ACTIVE" members of the org with a spiritual facade. Everyone has their reasons. But the terms spirutal acoording to wt definion means a jws who truly lives by all of the jw rules, and not one who lives a fcade and has and expresses "disloyal views" The preception of spirituality by the cong is of course puting on the show, regardless of what the individual does."

Hello fearnotruth22,

I think your right on the mark with this one. As angry as I get sometimes with the Witnesses, I remember being in this category. Well meaning and confused, constantly trying to reconcile the obvious errors with the human organization with the truth I've learned from the bible with them. After awhile I realized that having the truth about God and His purpose does not and will not prevent people from becoming a zealots. Ancient Israel had the truth about God and their religious leaders lead them to disaster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit