So what questions should I be asking?

by HappyBlessedFree 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

So I am still trying to help my husband realize TTATT. I have asked him some questions . . .

“Are you okay with Jehovah killing your Mom, sister, nephew (non-witnesses) at Armageddon?”

-He said “I’m gonna have to be”

“Do you understand the overlapping generations?

-He said “No”

“What makes you think that it’s the truth?”

- He said “that JWs don’t go to war”

I think most of the time I am telling him things I’ve discovered, and trying to prove the lies that way. not very effective.

What other questions do you think I should ask him?

• new boy
    new boy

There are a lot of religions that don't go to war the Quakers the Amish does that make them god's only true church?

Ask him if he knows that a member of the governing Body was a pedophile? That they asked him to leave Bethel and he was never DFed!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Ask him what evidence there is that the Governing Body are Jehovah's chosen ones?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ask him if he knows that the name for GOD JEHOVAH was invented by a Spanish catholic Monk in the 13th Century.

This Spanish Catholic Monk translated the Hebrew Tetragrammaton `s 4 letters into Latin /English JHVH / YHWH

and added some vowels to those 4 letters and that`s why we today have JEHOVAH / YAHWEH for God`s name .

Is he also aware that the "Aid To Bible Understanding" first edition stated that they chose the name JEHOVAH because that was the most popular name for God in the world ?

Popular by whom ? Christendom of course who else is going to be using GOD`s name.

Centuries old churches have the name Jehovah engraved on them in Europe and here in Australia and elsewhere.

The JW religion lyingly said Christendom tries to hide the name of GOD and nothing could be further from the truth.

It is used widely in Christendom and has been for Centuries.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Go for the foundations Gal. Ask him

1. Who told you that the governing body (GB) of Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful and Discrete Slave (FDS)?

Ans: the governing body.

2. When was the original GB appointed?

Ans: spring of 1919

Who told you that? Ans: GB

3. What were the names of the original faithful slave ? (He won't know)

4. On what bases were they chosen? (He will say they were humble honest seekers and spoke the truth.)

How do you know they were humble and honest seekers if you don't even know their names?

Did these men know they were appointed?

Ans: No...because they were teaching in 1919 that Russell was the F&DS.

5. Do you know what other falsehoods these men were teaching in 1919?

Ans: Jesus' 2nd advent occurred in 1874. Pyramidology, blood transfusions were ok, Christ was to be worshipped, military service ok, Armageddon would be over in 1925 and you could call Jerusalem to speak with Abraham, Issac and Jacob in 1926 and ask to have Grandma raised etc.

6. If these nameless men were appointed in 1919 and given exclusive ability to interpret scripture, you would think their interpretation of biblical prophecy would be spot on. Yet not one of their interpretations was correct. 100% wrong back then and now.

7. How did this original appointment, unknown to the appointees, pass on to subsequent GB members? Was it like apostolic succession?

8. Why do you think Jehovah waited till 2012 to reveal who the original appointees were?

9. And why did these appointees with exclusive right and ability to interpret scripture for mankind make unnecessary dangerous man-made commands that put Witnesses at serious risk? I.e. outlawing vaccinations, organ transplants, blood-clotting fractions etc...all permitted today.

10. Is 1919 a biblical date?

Ans: No.

How then do you know anything significant happened in 1919?

Ans: Because the bumblers in New York told us and if we don't believe them and their invented dates we will be destroyed at Armageddon.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

show him the video of a GBod member out buying a bulk lot of booze on a sunday morning. see how he reacts to that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

perhaps get him looking at their UN membership is neutrality is a biggie for him

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ask to have Grandma raised etc.

Hey Vander-- I am aware of everything else you mention and BTW, your list is fantastic! What is the basis for publishers being able to request Grandma's resurrection? (or is it just hyperbole).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Vandy - 2. When was the original GB appointed?
    Ans: spring of 1919
    Who told you that? Ans: GB

I like that. That's gold.

No disrespect to believers, I'd ask, 'what makes you think the Bible is actually the word of god?'

Then using the Socratic method, I'd go from there. (PS. Watch Matt Dillahunty on the Athiest Experience. It's enlightening).

You see, to me it's not about getting out of the Jobos, it's about escaping all religions.

Ask, How does prayer work? Then show this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPqCUMljes

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Punko,

Actually I got that question from Ding....and the answer as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit