Almost a year later, and I am still angry...

by DanTheMan 25 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

hey Dan, When you check out the want ads, also check out Dayton, Cinci, Mansfield, and Akron. Also, see what you can find on the internet for these cities.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick
    Move to Cincinnati

Hey Dan, I think that is an excellent idea! Sorry to hear that you having such a hard time with this...you know you have friends that care about you!

Michelle

• shamus
    shamus

Dan,

Not to sound like a smug arse, I suggest that you go get some counselling. I don't know how I would deal with that anger, either. A counsellor can help you with your anger.

• Swickley
    Swickley

Dan--

Your situation is all too common in the workplace. Since you are already getting counseling, my other suggestion would be to educate yourself fully on "sexual harassment" and be sure you understand the definitions, including the divergent forms of such behavior. How does your company policy define it, and what do they consider offensive and/or harassing acts?

Here is a typcial company statement on sexual harassment:

"(Company name) is committed to providing a respectful, non-hostile work environment. Sexual harassment is a form of misconduct that undermines the workplace, violates the respect for fellow workers, lowers morale and productivity and causes absenteeism. In general, sexual harassment is behavior that is not welcome and is offensive to others. A worker determined to exhibit behavior contributing to sexual harassment of anyone in the workplace will be subject to disciplinary action, including termination, with or without notice."

If you really want to expose her, and at the same time show the company that you are above reproach and that her claims are false, attend a sexual harassment workshop, develop a presentation for your workplace, and ask your supervisor if you can be responsible for conducting sexual harassment training/awareness for your company. You will not only impress company officials, but your actions will speak volumes.

• dog-eat-dog
    dog-eat-dog

I hope this is the worst thing that happens in your life, and if it is, you have been blessed. I cannot provide sympathy because I only know your side of an event. There are lots of ways to get screwed in this world. And people get screwed every day and in much, much worse ways. Let it go. And if you cannot let it go, ask yourself...if not being able to let it go (this or anything else), is this a symptom of obsessive behavior? Only an independent and objective expert can truly identify. Litigation will not provide any comfort. It is a waste of time and money.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey all, thanks for your comments. I'm ready for this thread to die, I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit