Is this true?!!! No way!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 24 Replies latest social family

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A couple of childhood friends of mine, Henry Caban and Alberto Caban, both bethelites at one time, were said to be going to Law School compliments of the WTBTS.

Is it true that they put some 'cream of the crop' bethelites through college depending on what field the Society needs? I can't believe it?!!! Please tell me is not what they're doing with my contributions!

Expect answers anxiously.

DY

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Wow if that is true, I am disgusted!

• amac
    amac

Yes the WT has and will continue to "groom" their own lawyers by sending Bethelites to Law school. How better to ensure a real "yes" man. Not a bad idea from an organizational view. Most JWs won't mind their contributions going to it as the alternative is the society paying for outside lawyers. Not too many JW lawyers willing to go to Bethel for volunteer service.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Theocratic warfare at its finest

• Matty
    Matty

Many people are trained in Law and financed to work for the Watchtower Society, it's not uncommon at all. They can set up their own practice and make a lot of money. As long as they do the occasional case for the WTS for nothing of course.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Ew, I am disgusted. Awful bastards.

• blondie
    blondie

That was reported on JWD some months back that the WTS was paying for qualified Bethelites to go to law school. All it takes is someone who already has a 4 year degree. Good thing someone went to college.

Blondie

• amac
    amac
    Ew, I am disgusted. Awful bastards.

I'm not sure what all the disgust is about. What would you propose they do? A corporation HAS to have lawyers in this society. Training on staff lawyers has to be cheaper than paying outside firms.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Unnnnnnnnnnnnbeeeeeeeeeeeee(bleeping)llllllllllllllllllievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it! No more worldwide work contributions for them!!!

DY

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I can't believe it?!!! Please tell me is not what they're doing with my contributions!

there is a cure for that... stop your contributions..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit