3 More Letters Dated March 13th, From the UK on Coronavirus!

by Atlantis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

3 more letters dated March 13th, from the UK. There are different mailing addresses at the top.

2020-03-13https://docdro.id/PXMmef7

2020-03-13https://docdro.id/Adfw87y

2020-03-13https://docdro.id/U2TOV1P

Petra!https://docdro.id/qqTZami
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t understand the second letter. Are they saying to hold local meetings or to watch a broadcast?

I wonder if they will continue to hold judicial meetings or if these will also be suspended. Will they carry on disfellowshipping people and announcing it? How? Informal announcements in small groups, phone everyone, rely on word of mouth, or what?

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Thanks Petra!

They are doing this because of IICSA. That's the only reason I can find for them being so much more careful in the U.K. It is about publicity.

No new news here in the mid-west. Memorial invite campaign and meetings still going on! Never mind States of Emergency or National Emergency!

If the public knew their policies in the USA, Australia, etc., they would change their rules to be exactly like the U.K. Hard thing is breaking through to the news.

Or am I missing something? I just can't see why the difference!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder if they will continue to hold judicial meetings or if these will also be suspended.

slimboyfat ...

From what I saw in one of the recent letters to the elders, they will continue to have JC meetings but they will be virtual. The one before the committee will use emogies to show whether he/she is sincerely repentant.

There will then be a form at the bottom of the screen where each elder gives a thumb up or a thumb down as to whether the person is DF'd or not.

3 thumbs down and it is a DF

2 thumbs down and it is a public reproof

1 thumbs down and it is a private reproof

3 thumbs up and the person is just encouraged to increase his/her spirituality.

Pretty simple system.

Rub a Dub

• atomant
    atomant

reminds me of the roman days when Caesar would give the thumbs up to live or thumbs down to die.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

No more preaching, no more meetings, how many dubbers will be left after a taste of freedom?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As it eventually will ,and everything will go back to normal again .

Another let down for those hoping that the end is nigh .

How many times does a JW have to be let down with JW expectations about the GT, or the big A before the penny drops that it is all a scam ?

As the president of the WTB&TS /J.W./ ,W.T. said in a rare moment of truth " Religion is a snare and a racket "

Jehovah`s Witnesses are no better than the SDA`s , the Mormons ,Christadelphians ,Assembly`s of God ,or any other religion that sprung up in the last couple of hundred years.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Like SBF, I don’t get it either.... Did it say “KHCONF will be provided from the branch” ?

Does that mean that the stream will be from London, or Chelmsford....wherever?

anyway...

NO meetings

no Field Service

no shepherding .... Yippee!

I bet the elders wives will have them shopping... or d I y jobs around the house....😃

( Edit... Thanks a million Atlantis/Petra. You are invaluable)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Wow, thanks Atlantis and Petra. Atlantis deserves a wee dram of Tomatin for this!

Slàinte mhath! (pronounced slan-ge-var)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if, where they are still imposing boasting session attendance and field circus (including mandatory field circus report, and pious-sneering for the month), are afraid that taking time off will result in people questioning the whole religion. Imagine having people not wasting time in field circus. Instead of spreading coronavirus from door to door, they will be online looking up the whole washtowel doctrine, and maybe even the whole of Christi-SCAM-ity. Then, once the pandemic normalizes and things return to normal, most of the jokehovian witlesses stay home because the religion is bogus.

To solve this, they would rather the publishers go from door to door spreading coronavirus. Better to get 100 people in the territory sick than to risk finding the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit