How many in your generation are still JW???

by Christian Gutierrez 33 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Even before I left back in the early 1980s, most of the JW kids I had known and grown up with in my childhood, had stopped going to meetings. I estimated once this was about 10 to 12 from my congregation alone - and that was prior to the JW baby-boom in New Zealand post-1975.

• just fine
    just fine

I don't really know as I shut the door on those people and that part of my life a very long time ago.

The only one so do know of are three families I was close to growing up each couple had two children, and in each family one stayed and one left.

• Fencing
    Fencing

Was thinking about this the other day, and counting up all the witness kids from when I was growing up. And when I did the math, including those who were raised but never baptized, it was right on track with the Pew Research poll's number of only around a third still self-identifying as JWs in their mid 30s.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

When I was a kid, about 6 or 7 yrs old , our cong built a new hall and the local paper featured a picture of us all standing proudly out the front. This was about 1979.

Out of approximately 20 'young ones' in that picture, I believe only 3 are still attending meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit