How many in your generation are still JW???

by Christian Gutierrez 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

How many in your age group are still jehovahs witnesses? From where we are at, there aren't many left. Each year it gets smaller and smaller haha

• sir82
    sir82

I think our congregation did better than most. I'd say maybe slightly over half the kids I grew up with are still JWs.

I think the general attrition rate is somewhere around 65-75%.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Speaking specifically of the congregation where Katja grew up, approximately 95 percent of her generation has left. The congregation is full of sad depressed parents who cant see their children.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Well... they can... if they would only leave out those stupid rules!

• Simon
    Simon

I don't know because we lost contact since we left ourselves but I remember just when growing up that quite a few left along the way. Some bounced back for short periods, usually when they fucked up their life in some way, but most just vanished. You don't notice though with the general churn.

Also think back to when you were a child in the KH. How many of the people you remember were still in it by the time it became your turn to leave?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I saw a bunch of JW`s at a family funeral..

They looked old and worn out, no spark of life left in their eyes..

They were dressed nice though, we could have buried them too..

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think most of my teenage mates were long gone by the time i left. those who stay in do so if they have a devout fanatical mother.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Don't know, don't care. I'm out, that's all I know.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'd say about 75% of the people in my age group left, I guess they smelled something rotten with the WTS as well.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't keep in touch, so I don't know. Only know when they die and the obit appears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit